Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.8 Wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: 2.7 release, wishlist

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@lemon: this list isn't actually in 2.7, it's what I would have liked to see in it.

@all: just a quick note, I'd like to see one of these started for the next version. Not soon, however. If Hirato is given a long amount of time to work on new features, it's more likely he'd be able to implement some of them. Plus, we know what we want.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Maybe you should update the name of this topic to 2.8 wishlist?
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Yeah, that might be intelligent. :D
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

hmm, chocolatepie isn't too intelligent until now =P
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

sorry guys, I'll get working on that, haven't been able to really get in recently. Mostly quick posts.

EDIT: done.
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by arcones »

Just for those of you who haven't seen this:
Edit, 10/9/11:

Okay, since 2.7 is out, I'd like to see some of these changes made for 2.8, or at least 3.0.0 for some of them.

I just got 2.7, so far it seems quite similar to 2.6.1, but maybe I haven't gone through it enough. I like the addition of the PhillipK textures (or whatever they're called), but I would like to see some new music before I really get used to it. Cork's music needs to be included, along with Chaze's EC music. Also, the addition of some new maps is incredible, I spent a long time last night playing with Experimental Chambers, RCOT and MCO. However, I use the launcher, and FPS mode automatically puts me in coop-edit. Not pretty for me, and also quite annoying. When I try to load the default map in RPG, Sandbox crashes. Just turns off. Very annoying. I like the inclusion of new crosshairs and the font option, which is quite nice. The preview box is still troublesome, and I would like to have the SSP version worked on.
CP's front page update. I agree on most accounts (even though I haven't used 2.7 yet). Automatically loading in coop is extremely annoying. I would also love to see SSP worked on, considering how far it's come already. I'll come back to this once I've test run 2.7.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

I beleive the main focus for 2.7 (And 2.8) is to get RPG up to scratch. I know that RPG will have Hudguns in 2.8, and even a large array of new characters. One of which will be a rather large spider... Courtesy of last nights experience... *shudders* Hirato decided to enhance my fears and get me to model a large, animated replica of these 8 legged monsters. He also requested that I make a new character model, along with hands and an array of poses. We may use these as placeholders so you can simply slit a weapon into your characters hands. I'm unsure though, that part is Hirato's region of expertise.
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

But spiders are cute... so... very.... cute :cry:

All that stuff about 2.8 sounds awesome too! Would help a lot with RR :D
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

cork279 wrote:But spiders are cute... so... very.... cute :cry:
No theyre not. They're hairy, and big, and scary, and hairy... Wait, I've already said that. :lol:
cork279 wrote:All that stuff about 2.8 sounds awesome too! Would help a lot with RR :D
Yup, And I like the fact that I'm gonna be the main cause of it. 8-)
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Leo_V117 wrote:
cork279 wrote:But spiders are cute... so... very.... cute :cry:
No theyre not. They're hairy, and big, and scary, and hairy... Wait, I've already said that. :lol:
I have to agree, spiders are nasty things. Earlier in class, someone brought in a HUGE one. In a Doritos bag. I didn't walk back into class until, about, say, twenty minutes later. Why did we have to bring that up again? Now I'm just scared. I hate spiders.

@Arc: Thanks for posting that.

@Leo: Maybe you should do a couple of androids. And not like the RCs, more like Atlas and P-body from Portal 2. Or a cute, kiddy bot... like Danbo. However, I would like to see a lot more in the creature/animal department. Anyone wanna make Calimer's Frog avatar?

EDIT: upon experimentation in the RPG mode (meaning following Hirato's RPG mode tut), I seem to be having some problems. dunno if they're bugs or if I messed something up, here they are:

critter type # does not exist
error: delta edit (blah blah blah)- when scrolling to change rotation/a value
could not load script 0.cfg- wrong filepath, etc

Also, when attempting to load a map (MCO, RoseStorm, default, etc), Sandbox just CRASHES. And it's usually somewhere in the 50-80% occurrence range. Not pretty. Anyone else experiencing these, or is it just me?

EDIT 2: An actual feature idea. For the mini-map in RPG, would it be possible to make it so that you can tell which enemies you have killed (marked in red) and which are still alive (in yellow?) Also, could you have a shield which could reflect attacks back at an enemy?

EDIT 3: Simple adding of custom skyboxes. That's all I want.
Save the wiki!