Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them. If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.8 Wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Locked
User avatar
Eagle
Member
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: December 15th, 2009, 11:40 pm
Name: Vickie Eagle

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Eagle »

My Wish List:

.3DS model support with animations:

To be able to "Dynamically" change imported model size with the mouse wheel:


that's it, with these 2 things I can make this engine rock and create a workflow that would make the Blizzard guys jealous!

always~
I put time in a bottle ... just saying :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar
Runescapedj
Member
Member
Posts: 1706
Joined: January 9th, 2010, 9:06 am
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj
Location: Deventer, the Netherlands

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Runescapedj »

Eagle wrote:with these 2 things I can make this engine rock and create a workflow that would make the Blizzard guys jealous!
On your own? Good luck with that ;) =P
Hirato
Developer
Developer
Posts: 689
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:23 pm
IRC Username: hirato

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Hirato »

Eagle wrote:.3DS model support with animations:
This isn't going to happen in any game engine... ever.
and that's for the same reason we don't support any other modeler's native format.
To be able to "Dynamically" change imported model size with the mouse wheel
This is on my own personal wishlist and I know it can be done.
Keep your ears open, this might make it into 2.8.0 :)
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
User avatar
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1640
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117
Location: That one place...
Contact:

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Leo_V117 »

Hirato wrote:
Eagle wrote:.3DS model support with animations:
This isn't going to happen in any game engine... ever.
and that's for the same reason we don't support any other modeler's native format.
To be able to "Dynamically" change imported model size with the mouse wheel
This is on my own personal wishlist and I know it can be done.
Keep your ears open, this might make it into 2.8.0 :)
The .3DS format isnt the 3Ds Max format, its a totally different one. 3Ds Max uses .max...
User avatar
jSoftApps
Member
Member
Posts: 426
Joined: May 2nd, 2011, 10:02 pm
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps
Location: jSoft Apps Software Innovations HQ
Contact:

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by jSoftApps »

Blender is open source, I'm sure you could "borrow" some of it's 3ds import code ;)
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

Image

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
Image
User avatar
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1640
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117
Location: That one place...
Contact:

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Leo_V117 »

jSoftApps wrote:Blender is open source, I'm sure you could "borrow" some of it's 3ds import code ;)
I guess, but Blender and Sandbox are two totally different pieces of software.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 2458
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:31 pm
IRC Username: CP

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hirato wrote:To be able to "Dynamically" change imported model size with the mouse wheel


This is on my own personal wishlist and I know it can be done.
Keep your ears open, this might make it into 2.8.0
Now I'm paying attention.

Also:
blender: written in PYTHON
sandbox: written in C++.

Also, also:
new help menu (ideas)

Code: Select all

help menu:

*keybinds menu link
*entities description link
	fps
	ssp
	rpg
*scripting link
	fps
	rpg
*Gridwork link
*useful commands links
	lighting
	editing commands (vscale, etc)
	maptitle + such
*Description of materials
*other tuts from wiki
just an idea: dynamic water, or something like that. Let's just say, more realistic waterfalls. I know jsoft has been talking about Havok physiks (I know I spelled physics wrong, it's the whole K instead of C thing), but could we have water physics for better rivers and waterfalls? I'd really like to see a waterfall that runs down a rock face realistically.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
User avatar
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 1640
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117
Location: That one place...
Contact:

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by Leo_V117 »

chocolatepie33 wrote:new help menu (ideas)

Code: Select all

help menu:

*keybinds menu link
*entities description link
	fps
	ssp
	rpg
*scripting link
	fps
	rpg
*Gridwork link
*useful commands links
	lighting
	editing commands (vscale, etc)
	maptitle + such
*Description of materials
*other tuts from wiki
*reads through the list*
I can do some of that... Mainly the Help menu, but... I CAN DO IT! 8-)
User avatar
jSoftApps
Member
Member
Posts: 426
Joined: May 2nd, 2011, 10:02 pm
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps
Location: jSoft Apps Software Innovations HQ
Contact:

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by jSoftApps »

Leo_V117 wrote:
chocolatepie33 wrote:new help menu (ideas)

Code: Select all

help menu:

*keybinds menu link
*entities description link
	fps
	ssp
	rpg
*scripting link
	fps
	rpg
*Gridwork link
*useful commands links
	lighting
	editing commands (vscale, etc)
	maptitle + such
*Description of materials
*other tuts from wiki
*reads through the list*
I can do some of that... Mainly the Help menu, but... I CAN DO IT! 8-)
I might be able to help also.
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

Image

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
Image
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 2458
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:31 pm
IRC Username: CP

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by chocolatepie33 »

It's relatively simple, I'm just saying our current help menu is quite lacking in help.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Locked