Questions/Help

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Altec
Name: Isaac Benjamin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Questions/Help

Postby Altec » October 2nd, 2009, 10:01 am

Hello!

Firstly I would like to apologize if my questions have already been answered. I did take some time to comb through the forums and view the Frequent Questions with no avail. Also I would like to say how awesome this program is. I have always been into computers, I have always hated programing though...It truly is like having to learn a whole new language. Anyway.....

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.1 I don't even own a windows computer. My main problem with sandbox are trying to figure out how to get my own textures and models into the engine. I saw the tutorial about getting textures in there but it was for windows...also I still can't figure out the model part. I spent over $280 on Game Models and Textures at a very high quality. I am aiming to make a Mirrors Edge/Half-Life 2 game, although it will be freeware! Anyway, I have been practicing mapping in sandbox, but really want my own models and textures!!!

Thanks for the help, it will do me much good. I look forward to your responses!

Concept art for the game a buddy of mine drew:

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Questions/Help

Postby Mike » October 2nd, 2009, 7:35 pm

Check this out for starters:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... to_Sandbox

For textures, they are added in through the maps art.cfg If you want all the maps have it available then you can add them in through data/default_map_settings.cfg It is generally better to add them at the bottom of the list so that it doesn't mess with the textures already put in your maps. Take care.
-mike
We also have a , , and a [/b][/color]!

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Postby Hirato » October 2nd, 2009, 8:34 pm

This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

Altec
Name: Isaac Benjamin

Postby Altec » October 3rd, 2009, 8:51 am

Thanks for the help guys!

I will try to get started on my maps now, I will post some screens of it when I can. Thanks again!

Return to “Sandbox General Chat”