Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Ideas For The SB Community - Social Site, Video Blog, More?

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ideas For The SB Community - Social Site, Video Blog, Mo

Post by Mike »

If I am in hidden mode it isn't intentional. I'm trying to find where to edit the links at the top D: Things are never easy to find haha. But wow there is so much potential with that Social site! I might eventually make it the main Sandbox page!!!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Yeah simply hidden. I ghost most of the time.

Mike, I really enjoy the amount of things the profile can do. It may be slightly confusing at first though, I wonder if there is a way to reduce that.

Also, that could easily become the main Sandbox page. It does the exact same things plus many others.

EDIT: Heck yeah! Sorry, just uploaded a background. Looks sick Mike! The only thing I would recommend is transparent boxes instead of the white ones we have right now. That was the background image is blocked so much.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Yeah I'd love to have it so that when people post work BOOM it is front and center for the world to see!! What parts of the profile are confusing to you? Each subsection can be shuffled, even from column to column and removed and there is stuff I can add so feel free to comment away :D
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Ah, I didn't notice that. Check out my profile and you'll kinda see what I'm talking about: http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/game-de ... ty/Arcones

Transparent boxes would reveal the background more and would give it a better look overall.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I'm not sure if you can shuffle your profile around but I can from the admin backend, that's what I meant. I'll check it out once I find out how to add link at the top of the forums, so frustrating :D

EDIT - Well I added the link to the top of the forum, it was in this thing called "redbar" haha. I don't know how to put it next to the Sandbox Home or shift it over and I think it will have to wait :D
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

So I'm messing around with the profile customization, and I believe it's pretty solid. There are just a couple things I would add.

EDIT: Oh, there doesn't seem to be any themes currently. I suppose those will be added. But will the user be able to upload their own? They can't currently.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I have to add them and I haven't looked at any themes yet, I want to get the basic usability set first and then we can check out themes. What are the couple things you'd add? Thanks for the feedback!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Well, it's already partially in place, but transparent boxes. The white is a bit dull, and making it a different color detracts from the background. But that's just my personal preference.

Also, ability to choose which boxes you want shown on your profile (as in, you can remove them and add them at will, not the privacy setting (you will always see that)). For example, I might only want, Wall, Comments, etc etc. And I can edit the boxes accordingly. I think that's it for now :)
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

Agreed. I like it so far, except I don't think it's possible to change the header's background color for your profile only. Another thing... it just has too many tabs/menus/pages. If this was reduced, I think it would be easier for some people to navigate through it. For example, I don't think the videos tab needs that many submenus. I think it's takes less to categorize it. Same thing with photos and sounds. I also agree with CP about the Account tab vs. the Profile tab. I think that they should be merged so that the user can do anything that can be done in the account tab...in the profile tab! This way, it would cause for for less confusion. Anyways...this is just my spin on the bottle. That's it so far.

-Java

P.S. I totally tricked out my profile. XD Go ahead and check it out!
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to be working on reducing the clutter of the tabs. For example instead of having the "tags" and "categories" I just added the link for the category "Video Tutorials". Then I'll be adding it for the other categories so the tabs make a lot more sense too. I do think that profile stuff and account stuff is a bit different so I'm not sure about merging them though perhaps I can think of something. Just like in FB there are separate tabs for both.

Question for Jsoft - Do you know where I can get information on the default modules? I have been unable thusfar to find information on them.

Thanks guys for your feedback, I'll be making changes of course :D Also someone said that I should merge the videos and screenshots area. I'm not sure about that and also if I did try to do that it would not be a simple project. I do like having the different media separated because it keeps things more organized. Once I have the basic organization down I can think about possibly making it a place to host maps and other content :)