Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

What's been popular?

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
MOVIEMAKE
Name: John

Re: What's been popular?

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

If there are any guns or arrows (from past, now, or future, there should be a flash of the character's color instead of blood. Even my little bro has seen Lord of the rings and seen blood.

I really would like to make a medieval game (look at fate) http://www.wildtangent.com/Games/fate

there's fighting but no blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQSfDVp_pg

you can have armor weapons and all that but it's rated E10.

just a thought
Tony
Name: Tony

Post by Tony »

Entirely possible.

All you have to do, is make it happen.

This is not some point-and-click POOF you magically have the game of your dreams thing...
...you gotta work at it to get the results you dream of.

It's all entirely possible, but you're not going to produce 100 hours worth of game-play content in one night of clicking a few buttons.

Your example of the game FATE is a nice looking game.

How many programmers and artists do you think it took to create that game and get it online for you to play?
And with a crew of professionals working on it every day, how many months do you think it took them to produce the game you see now?

PlatinumArts Sandbox is a wonderful software for producing great 3D games. BUT... it is not going to happen overnight, and it is not going to just magically appear before your eyes all of its own.

You'll need to learn how to create 3d Models of objects and characters, learn how to rig and animate the characters. You'll need to learn how to produce good graphics for skins and textures. And you'll need to learn how to write the scripting language that makes it all come together.

None of this is going to happen with a few clicks of a mouse-button. It takes a lot of time, patience, determination, and dedication to produce truly awesome games. And even then, it also takes talent to make it all look beautiful.

Do you have what it takes kid?

Do you?

If so, make it happen.

The tools are available. PAS, Blender, Gimp, Notepad++, along with music and other assets already available in the PAS package.
All free for the using. Make it happen.

That's how it's done man. Nobody will make your dreams come true for you... That, my friend, is your own destiny to fulfill.

:geek:
Rockin' the Web for All the Right Reasons
Image Mind Reading Mastered
Image Canonize Juan Valdez and his Burro
MOVIEMAKE

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

I know it takes time (it took me 8 months just to get a star gate demo up and running in the blender 3d game engine) and i'm still working on it. I'm going to make a game studio after college but I want to make few game before that. This engine will help me make a rpg game for kids. but I can't find a dummies guide to the sand box maker and there are very few youtube vids on this. (sad). I can easily build the map for my game (already did in blender- took 4 weeks) but how do i import into this game maker. How do i program the characters what to do. (I want to know every thing) who is the guy to go to for all the info on this game maker?

I'm just really excited about this engine and my blender 3d engine working together (note my college budies think i'm stupid working with this engine (i'm also trying to learn python code and C#.
Tony
Name: Tony

Post by Tony »

Oh man don't get me started on the documentation thing. I'll be all rantin' and ravin' and shoving knitting needles through my ears and jumping up and down on the top of a table somewhere, all crazy and stuff.

http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/

You have to either know the name of a specific article in advance, or just guess at it until you get lucky.
It's usually easier to use Google and then choose a search result that points back to the wiki, than to actually use the wiki to find an article.
As far as I can tell, there is no site map, the articles do not have any sort of structure or reference page.
You can also use the "Random Page" link and get lucky enough to run across something useful.
There is a lot of great information there at the wiki, but good luck finding any of it when you need it.

Best bet is just use Google and hope you get lucky.

Plenty of articles buried within this forum as well. Again, not the most efficient way to gather information.

Some other resources that I have found:
http://www.quadropolis.us
http://sauerbraten.org

Bon Appétit :roll:
Rockin' the Web for All the Right Reasons
Image Mind Reading Mastered
Image Canonize Juan Valdez and his Burro
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@MOVIEMAKE: whoa, whoa, whoa, wait... You're a college student?

If your buddies don't like this program, maybe you could try UDK or Unity. I've heard those are good engines, some of us here (e.g. Arcones) have experimented with those.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

HEHE if you have the SVN Herm you could already experience HudGuns.

Cheers,
Matthew
Attachments
TADA!
TADA!
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
MOVIEMAKE

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

I play with all types of engines. from blender 3d where I'm making commercial game. But I've always wanted to make a medevil game. And this engine seems simple enough. I will look at UDK and Unity (I have but i'll have to do it agian) I'll have to be free, cause I'm on a budget.

I've created the world of thor in blender 3d (that was cool!) now I'm creating my newest game War Zone where you have to survive after WWIII. That why I'm looking for some other great engines