Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Less lagging Less download time.

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Less lagging Less download time.

Post by GR1M »

As many people complain about the lagging and download time, is there a way to fix it without messing up the graphics of the game or anything else?, for an example chef agro it was cool but it was a small game and the download was like 30 minutes just imagine the download time for a full length game… so can we fix this?
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Less lagging Less download time.

Post by Hirato »

it would depend how the game is done

if it's done as an extension to a release, the download time would depend on the extra content
MCO was the game and the content of sandbox (with some extra assets)

and before you say anything else, most recent full games on the market occupy a full dual-layer DVD (9 GB) :P
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

after all... most of the space you need when you make a game with sandbox is not the maps or models or anything else... Its the game engine itself (am I right?) so when you make a full game it still wont be that big than the games you can buy from store.
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Ok i guess i understand but you havent said any thing about fixing the lagg.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

I have no idea why you lag... I am using a computer with 2.0ghz processor and 768mb ram which is 7 or 8 years old... and it doesnt lag for me.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

It might be his video drivers. My comp is really low key myself and the computers at the schools I teach at even less and it didn't lag. Do you have other things on your comp that are running messing with it? Complaining about the DL speed though? Sheesh! My internet is like the lowest costing plan they had and it took me like 40 minutes when I was DL it to test it. For any of the steam games it is like half a day :D You should be saying how fast it is!!!! OMG not even 300 mb to DL? AWESOOOMMMEEEE WOOOOO and then you could do somersaults in joy! Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

GR1M wrote:download was like 30 minutes just imagine the download time for a full length game… so can we fix this?
  1. Contact your ISP and complain to them
  2. Get a better computer
  3. Get over it -- it's a larger download on a shared server, not a dedicated server. If you want to see download speeds improve, make a donation to Mike so he can get a VPS for the site's hosting.
    (Keep in mind that a VPS is quite costly when billed on a per-month basis)
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
dj-spuddy
Name: Lloyd

Post by dj-spuddy »

My DL speed is terrible, I get round this by downloading at night. Leave the PC on, Wake up and hey presto there it is. I'm sure you don't have 56k dial-up, My DL is only 60kbps (If I'm lucky) and that gets it eventually. Plus, It's worth the wait.
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

You should try checking out FreeDownloadManager (http://freedownloadmanager.org/) as it has download scheduling -- very useful for getting downloads in during the faster times of the day (or night).
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/