Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

i need a few questions answered

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Ryandrummer1987
Name: Ryan

i need a few questions answered

Post by Ryandrummer1987 »

im trying to figure out how to make items able to be picked up? im also trying to figure out how to open the castle doors i seen theirs a switch is there n e link between the two? is there n e way to open the castle doors? and can other people join my map to help me create it ?
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: i need a few questions answered

Post by chocolatepie33 »

1) Assuming this is all in FPS mode, I'd say place a mapmodel down, change the trigger type to 12, and code it in if you're going with an inventory system. If you're using RPG mode, then I have no clue.
2) Castle doors: there are two ways- one where they open upon your moving next to them (trigger type 8 to open and close, 4(...?) to just open), or the ones with a switch/key (which requires a more detailed explanation. Again, if you're doing this in FPS mode, then ask me about it later).
3) Other people can help you create maps, you need to create/join a server and use co-op mode.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!