Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Help wanted for kart racing mode

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Ghostman Gaming
Name: Tyler Mangino
IRC Username: ghostman1996

Help wanted for kart racing mode

Post by Ghostman Gaming »

I just have a few questions.

I'm making a game called Super Ogro Kart. Its simaller to Mario kart, but instead of using the Mario characters I use the ogers in the game.

1: how do I create a finIsh line? I do not want to add any models but I want it so if a kart crossed the finish line it displays the ending trigger.

2: how do I change the starting model I tryed the 0 button but it did not change any thing. I want to use the model of the oger riding the red kart.

If you have any ideas for the game feel free to post it or send me a message. :ugeek:
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help wanted for kart racing mode

Post by Mike »

1. Make an invisible model that triggers your message. Set the model to a negative number to make it invisible.
2. Either change the model in the code or do a quick hack and put the orge model in the default model folder.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Ghostman Gaming

Thanks Mike
How do you change it in code? I have tryed it before but nothing works.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Easiest way is to do a windows text search for the name of the player model you are trying to replace. I'm not sure which code database you are using, aka vehicle mode, fps, or RPG so it is harder for me to give you a more solid answer.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Ghostman Gaming

I'm using Krs mode the vehicle mode. I don't want to replace the model I want it to be the Ogro in the car and I want it to stay that way not the starting blue car