Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

adding cube 2 models to sandbox...

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
haywiresystem
Name: Stephen

adding cube 2 models to sandbox...

Post by haywiresystem »

I downloaded and checked out cube2, seems like there is a great deal of models, textures and things in cube2 not included in pas...

Can someone please please explain to me how I can add those things back into platinum arts sandbox?
haywiresystem

Re: adding cube 2 models to sandbox...

Post by haywiresystem »

No progress on figuring out how to add cube2 models to platinum arts sandbox, anyone can help?

Also, I fixed my previous problem with no guns or weapons by using water wars edition... But where are the default player models found? I would like to replace them with my own.

How do you place enemies and assign hit points in water wars edition? Also tried the ogre download, that allows enemies and weapons...? Would be great for my project to get similar weapon to that shooting out light. How do you create and place enemies and assign hit points?

How do you place ammo, or make ammo unlimited?

What do I have to do to add textures (besides having the graphics files? Copying more in the textures dir didn't make them appear in the editor) Do I just edit the text files in the textures folder to reflect the additions?

So far figured out replacing the music and alot of progress on world building. This is so awesome, but I'm very frustrating trying to figure out these few things...

If someone will help me, I'd be happy to make a paypal contribution to this project.
haywiresystem

Post by haywiresystem »

Okay, figured out with waterwars help how to add bullets, shells, rockets, health armor to my map...
Also figured out adding water... But what about LAVA? I type lava in the terminal but nothing seems to happen... Anyone can help with this?

Also figured out adding enemies with addbot command.... But is there a way to change the respawn to never happen... In other words, can I just have the bot not respawn once killed?

Now all I have left to figure out is changing the bot models, and the default character model... If I can figure these few things out, the game I want to make will work...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is such a great resource, but its really rough trying to figure out all these things on your own....

Can someone give me a list of ALL terminal commands? That may help a great deal...
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

1. Patience, young grasshopper.

2. Google is very useful.

haywiresystem wrote:Also, I fixed my previous problem with no guns or weapons by using water wars edition... But where are the default player models found? I would like to replace them with my own.
Temp fix is to replace the ogro and captain cannon models with your own, a primary solution would be to change the source code.
haywiresystem wrote:How do you place enemies and assign hit points in water wars edition? Also tried the ogre download, that allows enemies and weapons...? Would be great for my project to get similar weapon to that shooting out light. How do you create and place enemies and assign hit points?
Don't know what a hit point is referring to (unless it's health), but enemy spawns are added via a combination of /addbot and playerstart entities. Also have no idea what ogre download you're referring to. A light-shooting weapon would require special particle effects.
haywiresystem wrote:How do you place ammo, or make ammo unlimited?
use console command /newent (ammo name) or there may be an ammo entity menu. If there's not, then there needs to be one.
haywiresystem wrote:What do I have to do to add textures (besides having the graphics files? Copying more in the textures dir didn't make them appear in the editor) Do I just edit the text files in the textures folder to reflect the additions?
http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... _a_new_map
haywiresystem wrote:But what about LAVA? I type lava in the terminal but nothing seems to happen... Anyone can help with this?
you need an area selected first, use /editmat lava (although /lava should work unless it was removed), you can also use the F3 menu or Shift+L to do this.
haywiresystem wrote:But is there a way to change the respawn to never happen... In other words, can I just have the bot not respawn once killed?
Actually not sure about this, in the other Cube 2 shooter games there is a survivor mode which doesn't allow respawning until the next round.
haywiresystem wrote:Can someone give me a list of ALL terminal commands? That may help a great deal...
try http://cube.wikispaces.com/ and http://sauerbraten.org/README.html. We have an edit reference page, but it looks like it may have been removed or moved.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
haywiresystem

Post by haywiresystem »

Thanks so much for your reply... I have been googling, but seems to be very little around to answer the questions I've had...

I did figure out adding ammo, health and armor with the console, thanks to the water wars guide, using the commands in the guide... thank you...

/lava does not work, but /editmat lava does, so thank you.

I suppose I can just replace the captain cannon and ogro models, do you know what their named or in what folder those are?

Enemies which respawn instantly do not make for anything but a deathmatch game. Instant respawn makes absolutely no sense in a regular fps. If I want to create an fps with mission maps... I don't want the bad guys respawning instantly. Is there script files somewhere which handle the bot stats like health, ammo and respawn time? If not, where in
the source code can I find the instant respawn and turn it off?

Also, what script file determines what models are used for the bots? I can't find any info on this...

I suppose the last thing to figure out now to be sure my game will work is 1) replacing the default captain canon and ogro models with my own, and 2) figuring out how to create custom bots with my own models, for each major area of the map and finally, 3) How to get the bots to not respawn once they are killed. 4) Figure out how to add blender models
to the entities menu, and create new particles also would be nice.

Would also be nice to figure out 5) particle effects for the weapons firing instead of water, light ray or similar particle effect but this is not so important and 6) replace default weapons firing sound fx with my own. I am much more concerned with 1, 2 and 3 and 4. Very frustrated, if I can figure these things out, I am sure my entire game concept will work, and just getting to the point where you are sure it will work (and know how to proceed) would be huge and great progress. I just don't want to spend 6 or 8 months editing a massively huge map to then not be able to do these things, yet now I am stuck not being able to do these things but I can I suppose work on my map. So I feel kinda stuck in place here and frustrated. I've already wasted 3 weeks making a map with regular pas where characters had no weapons, so now I suppose I have to start over with the water wars version.

Made alot of progress today, so I guess tomorrow is another day.

So far figured out adding my own music, think I've figured out texture adding (custom textures help alot to get the look you want!) .... Figured out alot with the world building, and making great progress... Any help figuring out the last few things I need to learn would be greatly appreciated.... I promise the game I'm making will be really cool and will thank all those here for their help and support.

Best regards,
Steven
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

haywiresystem wrote:do you know what their named or in what folder those are?
should be packages/models/ogre and packages/models/captaincannon.
haywiresystem wrote:Enemies which respawn instantly do not make for anything but a deathmatch game. Instant respawn makes absolutely no sense in a regular fps. If I want to create an fps with mission maps... I don't want the bad guys respawning instantly. Is there script files somewhere which handle the bot stats like health, ammo and respawn time? If not, where in
the source code can I find the instant respawn and turn it off?
try src/fps and take a look in there. additionally, you can look at cube 2 sauerbraten's campaign stuff as you wish.
haywiresystem wrote:Also, what script file determines what models are used for the bots? I can't find any info on this...
again, check within a folder in /src, there's probably a playermodel or monsters.cpp or similar file.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!