Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Possible Project- Sandbox as an editor for other games

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
gil90
Name: gilberto
IRC Username: whats Irc

Possible Project- Sandbox as an editor for other games

Post by gil90 »

Like I said in my homecoming post (dont know what else to call it haha) I am a lot more experienced now than I was initially joining the forum, and think I may start working on a conversion project for PAS. I was thinking of possibly using the Cube engine to power a sort of MCedit-esque program, allowing for in-game editing of a Minecraft world. Even though the blocks are not to scale, I've seen imports of Minecraft chunks into Sauerbraten, meaning it is definitely possible. However, the current process is confusing to people who simply want to play their worlds with versatility. So I was thinking of possibly using Sandbox to create a Minecraft map editor that would be much more fluid and smooth than MCedit itself, but would lack on some features such as chunk view and schematics. What are your guys' thoughts on this?
AbeF
Name: Abe

Re: Possible Project- Sandbox as an editor for other games

Post by AbeF »

I have thought of this as well and am very interested in your findings or others advice/findings on this.
I am very thankful that the good people of platinum arts have given us this program to use freely and at our own leisure.

I am curious on how to import your minecraft world into platinum arts program so you can edit and use premade worlds ( on minecraft) and edit them in this program and add more depth.

Open to any ideas and comments on the subject.

Basically wanting to take my minecraft made map and import over then add some cutscenes created in blender and then create a new story line and game based off my ideas with minecraft-ish backdrop.