Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

3rd Person shooter

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Boskiet
Name: cory

3rd Person shooter

Post by Boskiet »

I aim to make a medieval style skirmish using bows, Xbows, swords and the likes in 3rd person (only) and i have no idea how to do so.

Ive had a while to ponder ideas, and ask for someone to help with:
* models for humans and elfs (like Lotr not pixie elfs) including animations
* weapons. and actions (ie hits, firing arrows and bolts)
* and a viable combat system

Pretty much i would like someone smarter than me join with me to build a little game :)
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Re: 3rd Person shooter

Post by Dannyboi »

Well you might not beable to do it. Mike might not approve of weapons like that. This is a kid friendly site so I dont think he would. But i dont think its possible etheir only attacks on here are spells like in the RPG. You can pick them up, but you cant equip them.

Hope this helps
-Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

It isn't that I "don't approve" but Sandbox is meant to be kid friendly and also be used in schools so the use of violence is out. This doesn't mean it can't be put in. You could easily tweak the RPG to be more of an adult version, all of the gameplay is already in there with the melee, spells, etc. Also we are planning to do a watergun mode in the future which will have similar gameplay to more adult rated games, but instead of killing there will be people getting "ULTRA SATURATED" haha. So yep, definitely possible :) Take care.
-mike
PS oh yeah forgot to mention, I plan on doing some non kid friendly commercial games in the future and they will be done on top of SB.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Boskiet
Name: cory

Post by Boskiet »

Well i was directly aiming for non kid friendly. if anyone could privately give me instructions as to how to tweak the setting s in my favour.