Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Potions and other 3D models

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
wildflower
Name: Sandie

Potions and other 3D models

Post by wildflower »

While working on my RPG (Moonvalley) I had to create some custom 3D models, well actually I had to learn to use Blender first ;)

So far I have made some potions and a stack of firewood, and if anyone is interested, I would be happy to share them for other non-commercial projects.

I used Blender and Misfit Model 3D to create them and they are all in md3 format.
Attachments
potions.tar.gz
Potions, morter and retort in md3 format
(611.86 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
A stack of firewood (I also have single pieces)
A stack of firewood (I also have single pieces)
Some health and mana potions
Some health and mana potions
Last edited by wildflower on September 11th, 2011, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Potions and other 3D models

Post by chocolatepie33 »

wow, that's some good stuff there... plan on uploading them so others can use them? Those potions are incredible.

Oh, and what's your workflow? Such as:

1) make base model in blender
2) export/import to Misfit Model 3D
3) add detail and texture
4) export to md3

I just wanna know cuz I only use blender, and none of the md3 exporters I use for any version of blender seem to work properly, whether it's not exporting at all or f***ing up the skin of the model. Not even Dan's 2.49 Blender md3 export thing works for me. But I'm gonna assume that it's because I don't have python installed, and don't plan on installing it (blender 2.5x has python pre-included.)
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

chocolatepie33 wrote:wow, that's some good stuff there... plan on uploading them so others can use them? Those potions are incredible.
Thank you :D
I have added a package to my original post, it contains health-potion, mana-potion, empty potion-vial, retort and a morter.
btw. The potions are one of my first 3D model attempts, so don't get your hopes up ;)
chocolatepie33 wrote:what's your workflow?
I use the same process. Even with Python installed, the script doesn't work for me.
I tried installing an old version of blender (2.49), the script worked, but I can't find my way around the older versions of Blender.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Well, it's astounding work if that's your first try. thanks for the workflow stuff, I still have to figure out a way to export to md3 (for now, I'm stuck at exporting .obj, which has its limits).
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

I have managed to make a sitting version of mman and a female version of npcman (both static), but it would be nice to have some variation in the models, it looks kind'a dull when they all just stand around doing nothing.

Right now I'm trying to make a woodcutter npcman, but I really wish there where a better approach than moving one vertice at a time in Misfit.