Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Compilation of Icon Sets and a Skin for Bob the Urban Ogre

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
Tony
Name: Tony

Re: Compilation of Icon Sets and a Skin for Bob the Urban Og

Post by Tony »

Skipping back and forth here...

On those gem icons.... those are meant to be like chintzy, the intent is to have those be the cheap, or common gems. Then another set will be the superior quality gems, and then the final set would be Epic gems. (green quality, blue quality, purple quality).

Do it in degrees like that, for leveling a player's crafting, and also in value for whatever they are used for.
So those are actually, the green, or common level of gems. I wanted them to look like the hoopty gems, that is the intention.

That's how I will probably use them. Maybe I'll turn over a copy of the epic ones to see if you like those when I get around to it. If not no worries.
Last edited by Tony on December 6th, 2011, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockin' the Web for All the Right Reasons
Image Mind Reading Mastered
Image Canonize Juan Valdez and his Burro
Tony

Re: Icons and such...

Post by Tony »

Hirato wrote: The idea was more to make it easier to change the background for all the icons, as i stated somewhere they're all overlaid onto data/rpg/hud/empty.png, at least they will be when we stop using 3dgui. But for all intents and purposes the icons should be drawn to contrast with that as the background.
Whether we use the alpha channel or not, we already pay the cost of having alpha blending active during the blits, we can just as well use them.
See... that's the thing man... with no storyboard, no roadmap... it's hard to guess what we'll be working with or around in the future... and that future is not a set timeline or schedule either. Notice the Mind Reader progress-bar in my signature?
Hirato wrote: Images will only change colour on 2 conditions, otherwise they're rendered at full colour.
Both of these refer to your "wield" slots drawn on the edges of the HUD, they are tinted grey during cooldown periods and tinted red when you have insufficient ammo to use it.
Well then... the Gold Bar and shovel that I key-binded was on Cool-down. I'm not sure what the GCD cycle on a gold bar is these days, but it certainly was not charged up apparently.
Hirato wrote: In any case, when we drop 3dgui, everything should look more like this as opposed to this
That looks about a thousand percent mo'bettah. That's pretty nice looking. See now, that I can work with... but I had no idea what, or when... and still don't really... would be implemented, or when...
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

Hey Tony, would you care if I includes these icons in the jSoft Apps Game Engine? I am trying to get as much content as I can.
Thanks!
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
Tony

Post by Tony »

I would absolutely be thrilled for you to use those.

The license is all about CC by SA, and honestly, that's only because it's sort of required to have some sort of viable license.

You use those for anything you want, in any way you want. I don't need no stinkink credits, or any such thing. Cover your own backside though and include the license, but between me and you... you haz full permissions to do whatever you want with'em.

Enjoy =)
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

Thank you Tony!
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!