Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Textures not showing up

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
jayson3080
Name: jason

Textures not showing up

Post by jayson3080 »

I am having problems with textures. I followed the instruction on how to add textures, but when i open sandbox, they do not show up in f2 under textures. any suggestions.. Also do the textures has to 512x512 in order for them to work in sandbox... if so what program is there that changes the size of the pics
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Re: Textures not showing up

Post by tyche »

jayson3080 wrote:I am having problems with textures. I followed the instruction on how to add textures, but when i open sandbox, they do not show up in f2 under textures. any suggestions..
Textures have to be added in two places:
1. In package.cfg in your textures folder
2. In your {name of map}-art.cfg file, where they should be numbered sequentially starting AFTER the standard list of textures
jayson3080 wrote:Also do the textures has to 512x512 in order for them to work in sandbox... if so what program is there that changes the size of the pics
Textures do not have to be 512 x 512. Nor do they have to be square. The key is to keep the pixel size a multiple of 2 in either direction (I have some I've created that are 128 X 512, and others that are 64 X 64). There are many programs that will re-size your pictures. I happen to use GIMP on a Debian Linux machine (GIMP also has a Windows port), but I have used PaintShop Pro under Windows in the past (the far, distant past), and I believe that Photoshop will do it, too.
jayson3080

Post by jayson3080 »

i put them in package. cfg and also in Default.map.settings. still dont show up. but of course they are 1241x 764 .
jayson3080

Post by jayson3080 »

i take that back it does shows up, only in premade maps
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

If you want to change the size of the textures, MapZone is good for that.

MapZone Editor
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!