Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Having trouble importing from Blender

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
icesilvermist2
Name: Bridgette

Having trouble importing from Blender

Post by icesilvermist2 »

Hello,
I have read the tutorials for importing, although I must be missing something because I still cant import my bunny wabbit I made into Sandbox, in fact, I cant even get a box to go in there /frustrated! I must be missing something important but Im not sure what ive done wrong so Ill try to recreate what I am doing, and maybe someone can tell me what ive missed. In blender I saved my bunny as a tris thingy (yes I know my technical terms are so advanced :lol: ) I converted to triangles in the UV thingy I think it was converted. I saved after I had done both of those. He doesnt have any textures or anything cuz just learning blender has taken a bit of time. So next I made a cfg file in my sandbox modeling folder and put my bunny file in there. Nothings happening and im sure im missing something obvious. Thanks for your time, I sure appreciate any insight you may have for me!
Creatorrookie
Name: John

Re: Having trouble importing from Blender

Post by Creatorrookie »

Did you export it in a different format or did you just save it as a blender file? Sandbox doesn't work with blender files.
The rookie in sandbox... :)
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

use md2, md3 or md5 (there're more formats, but I don't know them, these'll work)
icesilvermist2
Name: Bridgette

Post by icesilvermist2 »

Yes Ive also tried using md3 I think it was, Im still doing something wrong, I also did download and extract the recommended exporter for those type of files, but I am not sure if I need to do anything with those besides have them available on my computer when I export.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

When you get the scripts, you need to extract them (from the Winzip archive) and add them to this folder:
blender 2.49 > .blender > scripts.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!