Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Documentation Expansion Idea

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
freeze10108
Name: Matt

Documentation Expansion Idea

Post by freeze10108 »

Lately, I've been noticing that the documentation is rather, erm, "lacking" for Sandbox. This may be scaring off some potential users, as they need to figure mostly everything out themselves. I propose that we start an e-book community project of documentation for Sandbox, similar to Blender 3D: Noob to Pro. While I know that this would require a good amount of work, I think that we can do it if we all contribute some aspect of our Sandbox skills to the documentation. :D

So, comments? Suggestions? Is this a bad idea?
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Re: Documentation Expansion Idea

Post by GR1M »

Not a bad ideal at all I 100% support, I'm still learning but I still know allot about sandbox so count me in.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

the effort would be better spent improving the documentation on the wiki
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
freeze10108
Name: Matt

Post by freeze10108 »

Hirato wrote:the effort would be better spent improving the documentation on the wiki
Hence the term "expansion". That's exactly what I was thinking this project would be about, expanding the documentation contained in the wiki. I feel that the book format would be the easiest format for the end-user to use, and would be fairly easy to format as well, so that's why I suggested it. ;)
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Anyone can contribute to the wiki, you just need to make an account. Please feel free to add whatever to it. The noob to pro is sequential but I'm not sure how well that would work for us unless we got a whole bunch of tutorials that worked in that order, instead of having info on specific topics. For now let's try to get info and more tutorials so that we could do something like eventually. The more help the better, Hirato and I can only do so much :D Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!