Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

how do i use blender?

Discussion of things not related to Sandbox
gil90
Name: gilberto
IRC Username: whats Irc

how do i use blender?

Post by gil90 »

i want to make custom mapmodels, but i don,t know how to use blender. could somebody help?
Scrolls of Harmony, Volume 6. "Nobody is the same, and everybody is different. There is no way one thing could content us all". Spore's religion of Harmony says that some may like Mac, and some may like Windows. The point is that we all go our own way, and leave others alone
Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Re: how do i use blender?

Post by Chaze007 »

Topic moved to "Off-Topic" because this is not Sandbox Related.
Radder

Post by Radder »

Hi gil90.
If you are new to 3D modeling you might want to start with a program that at first is easier to use than blender. Blender is a great 3d program but the interface takes awhile to get use to it. You can make your mapmodels and any animation in blender. You though have to expect a steeper learning curve. Google for Blender tutorials, there are lots of them...

I have posted some information on other programs that you can use for adding content to Sandbox and some tutorials on making mapmodels for Sandbox.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=316

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=327
gil90
Name: gilberto
IRC Username: whats Irc

Post by gil90 »

thanks for the help. what other programs are there?
Scrolls of Harmony, Volume 6. "Nobody is the same, and everybody is different. There is no way one thing could content us all". Spore's religion of Harmony says that some may like Mac, and some may like Windows. The point is that we all go our own way, and leave others alone
HealyHQ
Name: Robert B. Healy III

Post by HealyHQ »

For newbies to 3D modeling, I recommend Wings3D as the program of choice. It has a simple, clean interface and presents less of a learning curve than Blender. However, I'm not sure if it supports animations. Still, it's great for static models, and a great way of dipping your toe into the Olympic-size pool that is 3D modeling. :)

The optimist says that the glass is half full,
and the pessimist says that it's half empty.
But the engineer says that it's twice as large as it needs to be,
and is really a problem of optimization. ;)
Radder

Post by Radder »

Click on the two fourm links I gave you, there is a list of programs listed in one, including Wings3d and the tutorial in the other...
Zantos
Name: Cooper
IRC Username: Zantos

Post by Zantos »

yea i recommend wings3D. if you want to texture it just export it to a format that blender can use (i always use obj for almost everything) and get a tutorial on blender how to texture. Wings3D takes forever to texture :o
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Blender is really hard to get familiar with, but with Wings3d you can jump in and start creating right away -->

http://www.wings3d.com/
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo