Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Hi Sandboxers!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
ticker
Name: Tom
IRC Username: none

Hi Sandboxers!

Post by ticker »

ticker here. I'm putting together a game with a virtual archaeology slant to it, based on Mayan culture of the 8th century AD. Map design is going fine but now that I'm adding NPCs and quest-based dialogs, I'm struggling a bit with character animations. MasterChef Ogro has been really useful for scripting etc, but I'd really like to chat with anyone who has the whole animation thing happening. Animations seem to be implemented differently in FPS, RPG and MovieCube, so maybe I need to move the whole thing to a different PAS format? I'll be putting up a map for feedback real soon now - so go easy on me.
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Re: Hi Sandboxers!

Post by GR1M »

I'm currently writing a research paper on the Mayans lol. But i can't help you on the animation part, but i can tell you great software to get the ball rolling. I recommend Blender which is free and I'm looking forward to the map.

Gr1m :twisted:
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
ticker

Post by ticker »

Thanks for the suggestion Grim. I've been using Blender for a few months. Not crazy bout the user interface tho'. I'm OK with the animation production, just don't know what version of PAS to pour the animations into yet. I would also like to put up a quick video tour of my map but built in video capture in ver. 2.6.1 produces ginormous files and leave the HUD up as it records. Or maybe I just don't know how to use it?
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Wassup Ticker. Do you the basics of animations? I hate animations but if yu want I can give you a example script.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
ticker

Post by ticker »

Hey InHumanUnit! i'll read any animation script you want to pass on thanks. Actually, as a start I wouldn't mind knowing how to call the idle animation that comes with the man character in uh folder.
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

md5load "mesh.md5mesh"
md5skin Zombie skin.jpg

md5dir "zombie"
md5anim "forward" "walk.md5anim" 30
md5anim "backward" "walk.md5anim" 30
md5anim "left" "walk.md5anim" 30
md5anim "right" "walk.md5anim" 30
md5anim "block" "block.md5anim" 30
md5anim "slam" "slam.md5anim" 30
md5anim "bite" "bite.md5anim" 30
md5anim "dying" "dying.md5anim" 30

mdlscale 2000
mdlspec 4
mdltrans 0 0 1.615
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
ticker

Post by ticker »

Thanks for the script, InHumanUnit.

Now I need to know how to activate Zombie with a console call, or maybe with a cfg script? Any help there?