Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Making Custom Icons!

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
Fluffinster
Name: Tony

Making Custom Icons!

Post by Fluffinster »

I just realized that there are a lot of people that like to put an icon in there scripting
example:

Code: Select all

newgui Example [
     guitext "Hi!" [ogre] chat     
     guibar
     guibutton "Bye!" [hand] "cleargui" chat]
Because instead of just having the old chat sign(the speech bubble) you can have like an ogre or hand ect.
So, I have gotten good at make them and such so if you want a specific icon(like a dragon, mummy, icecube ect.)
Here is a skull and crossbones I made it took me a while because I had to make it perfectImage
and here is a shield this took hours and hours because I had to do one pixel at a time putting different shades of red and added some shine to make it look goodImage
*SORRY IMAGES DEAD*
Just tell me and I will give you it :)
Last edited by Fluffinster on March 23rd, 2011, 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Icy Map--Image
daltonds1
Name: Dalton
IRC Username: Daltonds1

Re: Making Custom Icons!

Post by daltonds1 »

Cool tut

Thanks for sharing
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I wouldn't exactly call it a tutorial, but that's some great work there, fluff.
Most icons are saved as .png, but I think some are backed up with .svg versions (in 2.5 at least, not sure about 2.6 and up...), if you want to do that, I'd recommend getting Inkscape @ here: http://inkscape.org/
Also, IDK if transparency is used on default icons, you might want to look at that...
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Fluffinster

Post by Fluffinster »

Yeah you make your icon in paint, gimp, paintshop, or any other thing that you can save it as a png and you save it in PlatinumArtsSandbox\data\hud\2.3\icons
and then you open the icon you made in Inkscape then just save as an svg but for me it is messed up(might be for other people) and just saves it as a file when I do svg so I copy an svg in the file paste rename it my icon open it with notepad delete everything in it and open the svg saved from inkscape that got saved as a file file with notepad copy what's in it and put that in the svg file that a copied and pasted(that is if your Inkscape doesn't work right) :) Oh and I will be posting a video tutorial
Icy Map--Image
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

Do you mind posting a tutorial with pics or video's on how to do this. What Drawing App do you use?
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
Fluffinster

Post by Fluffinster »

*Website is gone! SORRY No Text Tutorial!*
Ok first I use Paint, Gimp, and Paintshop for my icons. And first if you want a sort of good tutorial(for putting it in game ect.) here is the video tutorial:

*Website is gone! SORRY No Text Tutorial!*
Icy Map--Image