Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.6 Bug Report and Feedback Thread

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Beorn

Re: 2.6 Bug Report and Feedback Thread

Post by Beorn »

When I choose a map and it loads, I can't move or get into any GUI menus. I can only look around. Anyone know the fix?
Lemon
Name: Mary

Post by Lemon »

Beorn wrote:When I choose a map and it loads, I can't move or get into any GUI menus. I can only look around. Anyone know the fix?
I faced the same problem! Everithing worked right and SUDDENLY a problem appeared. I tried to load a map in FPS_mode. While it was loading, I noticed that the coop edit mode is ON. I haven't turned it ON for sure! Then the map showed up but the player wasn't able to move and GUI was disabled.

There was a massage, telling me about an error in line 5 of config_fps.cfg
PAS thought that "]" symbol was missing there. I haven't even opened the file earlier. To say more, the same code line ran correctly in config_rpg.cfg

RPG mode was still working OK.

I guess it's a bug.

THERE'S A SIMPLE WAY TO FIX IT: just delete the config file of the mode that's crashed.
For example my_staff/config_fps.cfg

PAS will have to regenerate it automatically.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I think it just uses the default config_fps file if you delete the one in my_stuff...
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
festro
Name: Brandon

Post by festro »

in svn RPG mode thes a magic cast problem i go to cast a spell and it says i lack to magic to cast it am i doing something wrong or is it a bug it wont let me cast it once
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

I was playing with the balance a bit
if you look at the bottom you'll see the following

39 == how much mana you have
40 == how much it will cost to cast
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
festro

Post by festro »

ok anyway i can change it
festro

Post by festro »

also in compile MVC keeps failing posting about incorrect directory im using VC10 is there a way to send it to forums without spamming it gets quite long and after compile launcher wont boot up rpg mode i don't know about others without crashing
Talkless

Post by Talkless »

I can't get entities working/changing.

If I want to create fire & smoke, for example, it works only with default values (which may be zeros :shock: ). Though if I want to change parameters using F3 menu - it ignores it. Open F3 menu again - and I see the same old values. In fact, if value where "0 0 0 .." and then changing to any other "proper" value - particle (fire) stops working at all.

If I create jumppad, I can change initial value form 0 to, let's say 100, but I can't change value second time.

Also, it seems like creating the same entity from different menu acts differently. Somewhere you get "light" by default, and then you have to change it to other entity. Using other path - you can enter entities initial values, but later - you can't change it any more. And third way I noticed - creates entity you want, but completely not working from the start.

I'm confused.

Also, it's annoying then you can easily accidentally delete entity while you intended to delete entered text value.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

Talkless wrote:I can't get entities working/changing.

If I want to create fire & smoke, for example, it works only with default values (which may be zeros :shock: ). Though if I want to change parameters using F3 menu - it ignores it. Open F3 menu again - and I see the same old values. In fact, if value where "0 0 0 .." and then changing to any other "proper" value - particle (fire) stops working at all.

If I create jumppad, I can change initial value form 0 to, let's say 100, but I can't change value second time.

Also, it seems like creating the same entity from different menu acts differently. Somewhere you get "light" by default, and then you have to change it to other entity. Using other path - you can enter entities initial values, but later - you can't change it any more. And third way I noticed - creates entity you want, but completely not working from the start.
It works fine for me, I suspect you do not have the respective entities selected before opening the menu; either that or you deselect it sometime after entering the first value
Also, it's annoying then you can easily accidentally delete entity while you intended to delete entered text value.
[/quote]
Z or Ctrl-Z to undo; I agree this is annoying though
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

I keep coming up with the error: could not find animation punch/shoot. I don't know if this is a bug just thought I'd post it.
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!