Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

The Keep - Revision 1

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

The Keep - Revision 1

Post by tyche »

Pictures (which are large, so I kept them off the Forum) can be seen at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22090195@N03/ . The first 6 pictures are the "New Look" of The Keep, along with brief descriptions of what was done.
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Re: The Keep - Revision 1

Post by Obsidian »

You don't need to worry about the size of the pictures, tyche. As long as they are under 2MiB in size, you can upload them to the gallery and they'll automatically be re-sized to the maximum size allowed. ;)
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
Ryuzaki
Name: Caleb

Post by Ryuzaki »

Just a suggestion, but the second screenshot showing the ramps can be very difficult to be seen, if you know what I mean. Walls and floor are all same color. In order to keep things more clear, it's necessary to have a separate texture for the floor, and it's recommended to have two textures for the wall, one being a "stripe" in the middle, or just making both sides different. Other than that, seems like a very grand map!
tyche

Post by tyche »

Obsidian wrote:You don't need to worry about the size of the pictures, tyche. As long as they are under 2MiB in size, you can upload them to the gallery and they'll automatically be re-sized to the maximum size allowed. ;)
Obsidian,

Some of them were over 2 Meg. Total size for the 6 pictures was about 12.6 meg. I hadn't taken the time to .jpg them and reduce the dpi, that's why they were so large.
tyche

Post by tyche »

Ryuzaki wrote:Just a suggestion, but the second screenshot showing the ramps can be very difficult to be seen, if you know what I mean. Walls and floor are all same color. In order to keep things more clear, it's necessary to have a separate texture for the floor, and it's recommended to have two textures for the wall, one being a "stripe" in the middle, or just making both sides different. Other than that, seems like a very grand map!
Ryuzaki,

It IS a consideration, and a good suggestion. I need to create some more textures before I make the change, though. Mainly, I need a rough-textured floor (similar to the granite that's there, but a different color). I also have some ideas for the walls that would incorporate the sand-colored banding in a horizontal (or parallel to the ramp) orientation. This would make corners easier to see. Again, I need to create more textures before I take that step, and there's some other things that I want to do inside the keep, too. Thanks for your interest and your suggestion.
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Post by PizzaLover101 »

Looks good, when is it going 2 b released?
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »