Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Static Models

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
johnno56
Name: John

Static Models

Post by johnno56 »

I am trying to find a step-by-step tutorial for importing static md2 or md3 models into Sandbox 2.6.1

I have several collections of md2 static models that I would like to include in my games. I am not well acquainted with blender. Hence the reason for a step-by-step. Any help would be appreciated.

J

ps: My OS is Ubuntu Linux and have python 2.6.6 and Blender 2.49b (yes, blender detects python)

Update: I have installed Blender 2.57.1 r 36339 and am gradually getting the hang of Blender. Steep learning curve, but learning none the less.

Annoyed: This post has been here for 3 days and viewed by no less than 23 people. I have to conclude that a) My post is too Newbish to warrant a response or b) None of the 23 people either do not know how to import models or they do know but do not want to tell me. Now, I ask you, where is my incentive to ask for your help in the future?
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
DrChef
Name: Luis

Re: Static Models

Post by DrChef »

if this problem hasn't been solved might as well say this link has good info if you already have the models
http://sauerbraten.org/docs/models.html
:D
johnno56

Post by johnno56 »

DrChef,

Thank you for replying.

The problem still exists and will probably be solved by more research and searching the Forum. The information that you have linked to is most valued and I will attempt to make good use of it.

Again, thank you for replying.

Regards

J

Live long and prosper.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
johnno56

Post by johnno56 »

chocolatepie33,

I have hit another snag. My PC died and lost every file on my system. Oh well, back to square one. As soon as I re-install SB and my md2 files, I will experiment with the info you have provided. Thank you also for replying.

Regards

J

Live long and prosper.