Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I require assistance

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
DJ Reali-tGlitch
Name: Christopher

I require assistance

Post by DJ Reali-tGlitch »

I am incredibly new to this software, and can only do basic things. I haven't read up on the scripting of this game.

I have a few questions:

1. How do you get a light to activate when not in edit mode?

2. Does the online work at all?

3. Can i make my own custom models for this game in programs such as Anim8or or Blender?

4. I can't seem to find the my_stuff folder... I wish to put my music in there. I like the songs that are here now, but there are too few.

If these could be answered, thank you. I know they're basic questions, but I lack skill with this sort of stuff... I've used Gamemaker and thats it. I'm a music man.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: I require assistance

Post by arcones »

1. Simply answer is: Tricky programming/scripting. I would assume it could be done with a lot of programming, but that'd be difficult. There's a possibility that you could use a trigger, but I doubt it.
2. Yes, it just requires you to set up the server for your particular map.
3. Yes, you can also import them (not as sure about Anim8or as I am Blender).
4. Go to your root folder for PAS. Double click to open. Your my_stuff folder should be right within there. This is however assuming that you're using Windows XP, Vista or 7 and that you're using 2.6(.1). Although going back a few version wouldn't change much...

If possible, could you show us some of your tunes sometime? Their are several musical people on here who might be interested!
Arcones
PAS Support Team
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
owenisred
Name: Owen

Post by owenisred »

Heya - welcome to the forums - Ill try my best to answer your questions.

1. Use the command calclight

2. It does, depending on your module. If your running through the click_me_to_start.bat then yes it does, HOWEVER most people use hamachi, which you will need to get here https://secure.logmein.com/products/ham ... nload.aspx When you dowload this, Join an existing network, with ID Owensandbox and Password Sandbox . You should see a list of people already on the network. My Sandbox server is normally up, and so with hamachi running use the command connect 5.237.177.145 To join it. From then on you should be able to go into multiplayer from the main menu, and update server listings, and it should be there.

3. You can indeed. :D Winds 3d is a pretty good program for it

4. Hmm it should be a main folder, like as soon as you open the folder for sandbox, it should be there..
I'm taking modelling requests again - any models you want created,skinned or animated (or all 3) leave a post here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2704&start=0

My tutorial site - still under construction, but lots of good stuff there:

http://pasandbox.webs.com/
owenisred
Name: Owen

Post by owenisred »

Arc beat me to it :(
I'm taking modelling requests again - any models you want created,skinned or animated (or all 3) leave a post here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2704&start=0

My tutorial site - still under construction, but lots of good stuff there:

http://pasandbox.webs.com/
Kooldoode
Name: Dallas
IRC Username: Kooldoode

Post by Kooldoode »

FILE: [ ] haha im am becomeing a bit of a DJ amd had Audacity before i knew about this program.....and so if anyone is interested in a remix/mashup i would be happy to try and work with it.......please note not all songs will work well with one another, remixing is a trial and error kinda thing, it either works, or it doesn't.
They say to Fight for world peace, and yet they also say Fighting never solved anything.

I love PAS <3