Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How to make a working quest.

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
bradfour
Name: Brad

Re: How to make a working quest.

Post by bradfour »

Hay guys would the same script still apply for the current version? will there be a big difference in coding?
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Yes this will work as long as you use it in FPS mode only. RPG mode has it's own scripting language ;D

Also, the coding will remain the same until work (if any) is done on FPS mode (the only thing I could think of at this late hour is Water Wars).
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
bradfour
Name: Brad

Post by bradfour »

Thanks for the effort Acrones I appreciat it, im curious what language is required for the RPG mode as I am most interested in this feature.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

I'm sorry, I should clarify :)

RPG mode and FPS mode use Cubescript. RPG mode uses a different set of commands for scripting as it has more functions. FPS is very basic and therefore relatively easy to learn. Unfortunately I can't recommend anywhere to learn RPG scripting other than from the maps and levels themselves.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
thevermin8tor
Name: Hannam

Post by thevermin8tor »

I know very little about Sandbox 2.61, but am progressing,making maps, covering them with different textures on the maps,adding models creating games etc. But I'd rather have the character, as most normal games do, talking than just having colored texts.Can any one show how via a tutorial video?
I've found many free tutorials on You tube, but they suck, as there is no audio! ;) And I'd like better looking characters monsters and weapons. So how can I add these to Sandbox. And can I import them into it from other game makers like Unity, FPS Game maker , or Reallusion i-clone, or Daz 3D?
Oh, I forgot...I need video tutorials on how to create your own RPG games. Cheers!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@thevermin8tor: I'm assuming you mean voiceover for talking...

I don't really know about that, I think someone did that before, but like said, not real sure about it. You could record the dialogue, save it as a sound, and have that sound play during a cutscene or something.

For the RPG stuff, you first need to get 2.7.1, as all RPG tutorials are made for that. For a video tutorial, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YqyqxFNIzQ
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!