Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Revelade Revolution - Zombie Survival

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)

Should guns have a reticle to help aim?

Yes
15%
Yes, with zoom (weapon sights)
23%
No, replace it with zoom (weapon sights)
46%
No (for realism)
15%

Total votes: 13

cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Re: Revelade Revolution - Zombie Survival

Post by cork279 »

@Runescapedj - Good idea, I'll try it.

@CP - Thanks :)

@Leo_V117 - Nope, Gimp ;)
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Oh, okay. If you'd have used Photoshop, I'd have given you a load of brushes to get a better effect. :D
cork279

Post by cork279 »

Just posting to let you all know, I moved the game to Sauerbratten to make a couple things easier. I'll probably still use Sandbox for a couple things, cause I prefer it :P
The map has moved across fine into Cube 2, with all it's textures, skyboxes etc.

I have progressed a lot since the move. A new custom HUD, the ambience music plays at the same time as the background music to add effect, retextured the weapons (I also have 5 custom model weapons to replace them at some point, I want it to be original content), I have 2 zombie types, just gotta add the spawns across the map. I have restored the map to its former glory, since the save file corupted, everything is restored. One change is I added an 'On-building' crane instead of an external one.

ALL this means I may be able to release a public alpha version VERY soon. It won't be realistic right now, because of its early stage, but it'll be more like "RUN N' GUN 'EM". Parading about, machine-gunning zombies, gore everywhere (not for kiddies) :D

Just another question/poll, should there be a reticle for the gun, or should it be removed (for realism)?

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

cork279 wrote:Just another question/poll, should there be a reticle for the gun, or should it be removed (for realism)?
You could(should) replace the "crosshair" with a dynamic one, one that has a centre (that doesnt change) with a ring that enlarges depending on movement speed, so it gets larger when walking, but smaller when standing still. This would be used to effect the accuracy of weapons. Plus, using Alt-fire (Right-Mouse) it should zoom, bringing the weapon to the centre of the screen (or atleast a little closer) and making the recoil a little less powerful. Woot, IRONSIGHTS! A good example of what I mentioned is Counter Strike: Source and Half Life 2: SMOD Outbreak. :D
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Leo_V117 wrote: A good example of what I mentioned is Counter Strike: Source and Half Life 2: SMOD Outbreak. :D
CS doesn't have iron sights ;), but I really like iron sights in-game, I use them for almost all my kills
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

This game grew up so fast...
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

I SIGN UP! I really want to help with this. I'm interested now that this has been moved to Cube 2. IT HAS WEAPONS! W000000T! I would really, really, really, really, really love to help with the coding. And maybe some basic mapping. I'm not that good yet, lol XD. Whoever is in charge of this project, I WANT TO SIGN UP NOW!
Please...
Random bursts of energy, overdose of sugar. I'm reaaaaaaally ecstatic and hyper right now. Please leave a message after the tone.... BE$(&%)(@&#&(&#^%$)%EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE$#(%&$*^#(_$#(EEEEEEE_)(&%$#()%EEEEEP!!!
I'm really sorry, but I can't control it. I would love to help now that it's been moved to Cube 2. Oh wait, I already said that... :D I like Shoot Em Up games, especially ones with zombies. I'm 14 so I'm age-qualified. I'm a pretty basic/intermediate coder, so I'm skill-qualified. I'm very enthusiastic, so I'm motive-qualified. Please PLEase PLEASE let me join.

Thanks

-Java 8-)
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
BlackGulf
Name: Trevor
IRC Username: BlackGulf

Post by BlackGulf »

Java, Don't You Think That Some People Might Think That Was Akward, And My Capitalising Every Word Might Come On A Little Weird?

Current Project
The Adventures Of NotaPig

Models Image
Maps Image
Coding Image
Textures Image
Music and SFX Image

In Need Of Staff.
cork279

Post by cork279 »

The weapons have no reticle anymore, and it has a zoom feature. No iron sights yet; but I may add ironsights as a HUD when you zoom in. Updated the HUD too.
I finally got custom zombies onto the map (W-O-O-T! YEAH! ) and still have the Basic Cube 2 weapons (I re-textured them). I tried to add my own weapons, but Blender was being a 'douche' when I tried to export my models as .md5meshes (I used an addon).

@Leo - I might add a dynamic crosshair, once I know how to :D
I will be adding ironsights eventually.

@IHU - Lol, indeed it did!

@Java - Quite random :lol:
however you may help! You can help code, and/or map if you'd like :)

InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

I've read your signature twice now...
Anyway, you think you post some pictures of the zombies? And guns? And Chuck Norr_Errr, the map?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!