Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Texture Pack 1

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
Nekia
Name: Quinncy
IRC Username: Quinncy

Texture Pack 1

Post by Nekia »

Hey everybody! I finally sat down and made an account. Phew! Anyways, I went walking with my sister and got a large number of textures. Mainly sidewalks, tile, concrete and rock. Other things too. I made all of them seamless and 1000X800 for lack of current knowledge of in-game textures.

Download the texture pack here http://www.deviantart.com/download/2685 ... 4fvhwy.zip
I'll try to set up a separate page on my blog for things made for sandbox? In good time.

All open copyright, edit them change them eat them, go crazy!

:EDIT: Thank you JSoftApps, changed it to a diff. site until I can get my blog running.

-Nekia
Last edited by Nekia on November 11th, 2011, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Re: Texture Pack 1

Post by jSoftApps »

These are wonderful textures Nekia. I would advise changing your website that you uploaded them on because the sandbox forums do not allow users to post files that are hosted on megaupload.

I hope to see more of your work!
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

These are nice textures, however, they're all photographs... which requires editing so they can be made PAS functional.

Is there a specific license for these? I'm gonna use CC-BY-SA for these.

BTW, can you give a link to your deviantart account? (that link is for the download, doesn't take us to the account)
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Nekia
Name: Quinncy
IRC Username: Quinncy

Post by Nekia »

Thank you, and I am not sure what I will need to do to make them PAS functional, so it may take a day or so to figure it out and edit them. Sorry for being so slow on everything, I need to read up on more before I can anything right the first time ugh.

That works.

I really am not sure why a link would be necessary? I mainly use it for my art, and things for here will be in my side section of the gallery until I make a better site. If you want it still it can be found here http://through-the-monsoon.deviantart.com/
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

To make them usable in PAS, here are some tips/ideas:

1) Mostly important: powers of two for size. This means the textures can be any combination of 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 or 2048 in size. example: 256x256.
2) make them seamless, in whatever way possible. I know you said they're seamless, but I'm not entirely sure about that. (I did test some of them).
3) make bump/normal maps for textures which could use them (e.g. bricks, stone, tiles, things with indents, I guess.)
4) create a package.cfg for the textures. This is used to add the textures to Sandbox.
5) create a folder (named after your screen name) with all textures organized and such. Example: packages/Nekia/brick. or packages/Nekia/grass. Something like that. (Somehow, I have a different texture pack also named "texture pack 1". I wouldn't recommend using generic names.)

Your textures are incredible, using photos is probably the best way to get good textures for this kind of stuff. Which, usually, I end up not doing.

I was just curious about your site, mostly to see some of your other stuff. Like your avatar. Your drawing style is a lot similar to that of someone I know.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Like chocolatepie said, you should make it PAS compatible and choose a license.
You may also improve the contrast and colors of some textures.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox