Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Default player model

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
TheIntercooler
Name: Ed

Default player model

Post by TheIntercooler »

So for "RR" Im using FPS mode in Cube2 engine (I know it isnt PAS) but I figured seeing its off the same engine the concept would be the same.

I've got a model I'd like to use but I cant find in the code where to change the default model to a custom one.

Ed
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Default player model

Post by arcones »

It would be changing your playermodel. You could replace the original character or simply toggle through the player characters (I think it's 9 in Cube 2)

That's as much as I can help, I'm not sure how similar Cube 2 is for replacing player models.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
TheIntercooler

Post by TheIntercooler »

The funny thing is if I go to /thirdperson 1 their is nothing there at all, So I'm thinking maybe there is no default model?

When I get home Ill look around but I didn't see one, or any other models for that matter.

Ed
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

when you say Cube 2, do you mean Sauerbraten?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
TheIntercooler

Post by TheIntercooler »

chocolatepie33 wrote:when you say Cube 2, do you mean Sauerbraten?
Correct I mean Sauerbraten. I've figured out for the most part the rest of the things I needed to do other then the player model.

Well, that and adding multi player back in as it seems to have been removed :cry:

Ed
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Sauerbraten should come with multiplayer enabled, as it's more of a multiplayer FPS than a game creator/engine...
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
TheIntercooler

Post by TheIntercooler »

chocolatepie33 wrote:Sauerbraten should come with multiplayer enabled, as it's more of a multiplayer FPS than a game creator/engine...
It is but the version of it I'm using was stripped down to just its core files in order for a game and map to load/play. So I have to add back the multiplayer as well as the server files in order to get it to work. (I liked the fact that its 1/2 the file size and it makes it harder for others to edit the game. I'd like the game to be played not edited.)

I edited the menu.cfg to add multiplayer back as well as the proper root folders. So in the menu for the game you click multiplayer and the menu comes up as it should but you get no servers listed or the legend below open. There is also no error message, I've been reading thru the .cfg to see what I could be missing I've recreated all the folders and have put in them only what was needed for the functions I want.

Looks like this may take awhile :|

Ed
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

I would ask more around the Cube 2 community as they have more Cube 2 guru's over there ;D

Sandbox doesn't support the level of multiplayer Cube does (or at least, not to my knowledge as it hasn't ever worked very well).
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
TheIntercooler

Post by TheIntercooler »

arcones wrote:I would ask more around the Cube 2 community as they have more Cube 2 guru's over there ;D

Sandbox doesn't support the level of multiplayer Cube does (or at least, not to my knowledge as it hasn't ever worked very well).
Its np I really appreciate all the help! I like you guys alot better :P I'm planning my RPG in PSA Just trying to get RR out there before I start digging in to another project.

Ed
Mr. Brightside
Name: Friedrich
IRC Username: Dr_Schnellinger

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Mmmm... talking about models.... how do I create one?