Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Sandbox Universe

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Re: Sandbox Universe

Post by cork279 »

Yeah, I've noticed that. It a happens to all the images linked to the Sandbox forum, it's probably because the file shows up as "file.php?id=670&mode=view" rather than "name.png" or something like that.

I'll get them fixed soon.
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

I would prefer the site available in Japanese.
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
cork279

Post by cork279 »

I removed the poll.

I'm finding adding other language versions of the site quite easy. So I decided to make it in many languages.
The languages I've chosen to make the site in are (ALL not finished yet):
Japanese
Dutch
German
Spanish
French
Arabic

Please tell me whether there are anymore people would like, or whether they think any of the above are pointless. Thanks :D

InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

English, of course...
In any case, this project looks interesting...I have a few question(s).
Are you ready to accept a game project?
And will there be specific dates which we must fork the game over to you?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
cork279

Post by cork279 »

Yes! We are accepting projects, always!

Just send the game to my email at any time (orange.cheatah@hotmail.co.uk - This is not my usual email, but my alternate one ;) )

Or, if you have a map to post, we have an easy map uploader. Just go to http://sandverse.tk/load (after registering to the site), and click on "Add New Entry", then fill in the form.

cork279

Post by cork279 »

I'm cancelling the translations... It's WAY too time consuming. We still have the Japanese version however.
Also, I'll be working on the site less often now, to keep up with my other projects.

ALSO now you can post your Sandbox maps without making an account at the site. There's a link on the homepage (http://sandverse.tk/).
Or click here to post your map.

Also, no one seems to be making use of my site...... :P

cork279

Post by cork279 »

Right then. I have an update you may like.

Now, once you've signed up, you can post anything (resources, maps, games, utilities), and won't have to email me. I have fixed the system.
It's organised into categories, and you may set your category when you post something.

I made a little video showing you parts of the site (if you can't be bothered to look :P), and how to post your own content (starts at about 1:30). You could just view the site yourself, but I made this anyway...
It's kinda badly made, cause I rushed, and I type slow, but it does it's job...

You may need to set it to 720p and full screen to see the text explaining stuff.

There is ONE problem (I recommend you don't ignore what I'm about to say).
The registration page is NOT controlled by me, it asks for an avatar, as well as a 'personal photo', I recommend you don't use a personal photo, but another random image. Also you should definately set your birth date and name to visible to 'NOONE' (you have to fill these in, within the registration, but you can set them as invisible). It also forces you to set your location [specific to your city], just set anywhere, not the place you're in if you're worried about personal info stuff... Follow those points, and it's perfectly safe.

EDIT: The personal photo option in the registration is now optional, rather than mandatory. Yay! :D

cork279

Post by cork279 »

Updated again.

If you haven't already, you should look at the above post (my last post) ^^

I have completely restyled the website. I put a simple theme, and tried to simplify the website as a whole as well as add new features.
Once you've signed up, you can now also post reviews on the reviews page :D

I'm also trying to add profile pages. I mean, I have added them, but at the moment I'm trying to make them customisable (add header image, etc).
I've added a comment box to the member profile pages, which may be useful for sending messages to each other (there is also a PM system).
The only problem with the comments boxes are different comments appear when you're logged in to when you're logged out.

The tutorials page is organised and easy to navigate. I've added a lot of the tutorials from the Sandbox wiki, as I think my tutorials page looks more organised, so I think it would be easier.
I'll probably remove the Japanese version of the site, as it will be annoying to have to update.

Things I still need to do:
Add customisability to profile pages.
Tidy the forum. Make it easier to use, fix the theme.
Add tutorials for Cube 2 and Cube as well as Sandbox.
Fix bugs.
Make the site even more user friendly.
Make new ideas to improve the site...
People can join now. Share your work and browse the site. I've posted Revelade Revolution and one of my maps to the site, as examples of what your content's page could look like.

InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

I'll willing to make a deal with you: I'll be willing to give you some-never-seen-before maps for your site, if you give Xeon Box some publicity.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
cork279

Post by cork279 »

InHumanUnit wrote:I'll willing to make a deal with you: I'll be willing to give you some-never-seen-before maps for your site, if you give Xeon Box some publicity.
Sure! I only made the site to promote Sandbox stuff anyway. To post your maps all you need to do is sign up and post them - you don't need to give me them. What did you want me to do?