Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Revelade Revolution - Zombie Survival

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)

Should guns have a reticle to help aim?

Yes
15%
Yes, with zoom (weapon sights)
23%
No, replace it with zoom (weapon sights)
46%
No (for realism)
15%

Total votes: 13

jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Re: Revelade Revolution - Zombie Survival

Post by jSoftApps »

@TheIntercooler The latest version of sandbox (the SVN) has weapons added. I suggest porting your Cube 2 version over to sandbox therefor you would have things like better graphics. :D
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

I actually think it'd be more trouble then it's worth. We're using ZCube instead of Cube and the coders have already updated the engine to make it better (although it's still being worked on).
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Could you please give some information about ZCube (website) ? Because it's the first time I hearing it.
Played the game some days ago and left a feedback at sandverse.tk.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

As far as I know, ZCube doesn't have a website, but here is their ModDB link: http://www.moddb.com/games/zcube

Technically it's a game, but we all know that any Cube 2/Sandbox game can be easily modified.
TheIntercooler
Name: Ed

Post by TheIntercooler »

The game isn't built on zcube the copy of the game you may have been. We were testing different styles of a modded cube 2 engine to see what works best, we have come to the conclusion that only a full transformation of cube 2 original engine will work for what we are aiming for. With multiplayer aspect as well as the new features we are looking for.

The newest demo .6.1 can be found at our website theintercooler.com
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

TheIntercooler wrote:The game isn't built on zcube the copy of the game you may have been. We were testing different styles of a modded cube 2 engine to see what works best, we have come to the conclusion that only a full transformation of cube 2 original engine will work for what we are aiming for. With multiplayer aspect as well as the new features we are looking for.

The newest demo .6.1 can be found at our website <a href="http://theintercooler.com" rel="nofollow" title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk">theintercooler.com</a>
You actually use quite a lot of stuff from ZCube, for example the zombies, the ammo and the ambient music. At the moment ZCube is better for me, because it's about 14x smaller, the leveldesign is ways better, I got scared and the weapons are looking much better.
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

It does use a few things. Level design is about a year old for RR and a lot will be improved or redesigned. zCube didn't scare me, but that's probably just me :D
I have made ambient music for RR but it isn't being used yet. I put a couple examples up: http://www.moddb.com/games/revelade-rev ... ggestion-1 - They're not really environment sounds, but they work.

zCube has a smaller map, from what I know (a lot of RR's map is blocked off, the underground is quite big). Also, a while back, before TheIntercooler was involved, I accidently corrupt the map file, and a lot of the map was lost (the crane, construction yard and airport), this was the crane: http://www.moddb.com/games/revelade-rev ... struction2

Don't worry, the maps will be improved ! :)
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

The zombie were most times well placed, so that suddenly a zombie was in my back and this scared the *heck* out of me (scare because of surprise) :)
The music is good.
And a tip for mapping: use the buttons Q and F more often, they are very powerful. For example for ladders and holes in walls ;)

By the way: My brother tried to play the game under Windows XP, but it crashed when loading the map.
I played it under Linux Mint with Wine and it worked well, but when sth. exploded it got very laggy.
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go :)

I dunno what the problem is for your brother. Maybe it's his computer specs? Is it a slow processor, weak graphics card or low ram? Maybe if you lowered the video settings it'd work.
Windows XP should be fine, I've used it in WinXP. The game runs smoothly for me.
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

I haven't had trouble when I'm running it on XP.

Also, I would love to map for RR once the times come. Cork's seen my abilities :D