Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.8 Wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
RazgrizTheLombax

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by RazgrizTheLombax »

For the 2.8 i want : Multiplayer Bot commands GUI,improved bots,chat bots, a editing playermodel GUI,more playermodels,a "login to the forum thing"...and new and more maps :)
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

1. Maybe possible, but multiplayer bots is kind of useless (multiple players, yet bots to act as players?)
2. Improved? How?
3. A chat bot? Interesting... Although that would just end up having scripted responses, so I don't think what you want (an advanced speech AI) would work.
4. That's been requested before, might be possible.
5. I think we're working on that.
6. Could be possible, look at Sauerbraten, for example.
7. Maybe, we also want to try to keep the filesize down.

On a side note, I'm generally assuming you're not the Razgriz from Quadropolis.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
MOVIEMAKE
Name: John

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

may be a GUI on the top of the editor so we don't have to to click the ESC button and all that. you press a button for texture, another for monster etc.also it would be nice it there were arrows on the model items when the mouse was over it. so you could drag/rotate it in a more controlled way and it didn't go flying of to left field,also with particles,\

also if you did that could you do basic shapes. triangles, circles etc. we can stretch then and all that but can't multiple them like the cubes.

thanks,

:ugeek:
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

1. That's actually a good idea. That could be implemented with a modification of the HUD. I think.
2. Not real sure if that's possible, but it would be nice. Like the Blender handles?
3. Not sure what you mean by that, but you can make those shapes out of geometry. Q+Scroll wheel.
Save the wiki!
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

for the new map in 2.8 the default texture should be similar to the default texture in Sauerbraten. Image
in the default skybox you would have noticed that there is a dark line at the bottom of the skybox. that can be fixed easily.
in the rpg mode the platforms need the ability to adjust the speed and move/stop when you type in the platform command.
in the fps mode it would be nice to adjust the speed and direction of platforms/elevators in game. eg platformspeed "tag" "speed", platformyaw "tag" "yaw"
in the 2.7 you cant clear the materials with delete but in 2.6 you can. 2.8 you should be able to delete matereals with delete
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
Sircameron
Name: Cameron

Post by Sircameron »

In-game HUD editor.. Press a button (i.e F1-12) click and drag hud images to move into desired position.. A command to add a new image/hud item while in "hud edit mode".. The only flaw i could think of would be alignment issues maybe?

its just a wish/idea.. Im very pleased with the current scripting operations for the hud..
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@it9999:

1. agreed. I think Leo (leo_v117) was working on "dev textures" or something along those lines.
2. Don't know what you're talking about, it's not really a major issue.
3. use . (period) to change values, or f3, or hold down a # key and use scroll wheel.
4. already available.
5. maybe.

@SirCameron:

I think the HUD is created via C++ (the source code), so that may not be possible.
Save the wiki!
AbstractLord
Name: Dave
IRC Username: Above

Post by AbstractLord »

Let me see...
1.In-Game Modelling Studio/Animating(I BELIEVE this is possible...)
2.A index of Cubescript/RPG script(The definitions, examples, correct forms of syntax)
3.A few more post-processing effects, and triggers that will activate them at specific moments.
4.More map-Sizes(How about 1 to 40? >:D)
5.More model file formats besides mD3, MD2, OBJ.
6.Easier Cutscenes
And, finally...
Over The Shoulder, and RTS mode should be added. (Technically, I COULD just script a few things around, but I'm too lazy too.)
That's all for now.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

AbstractLord wrote:Let me see...
1.In-Game Modelling Studio/Animating(I BELIEVE this is possible...)
2.A index of Cubescript/RPG script(The definitions, examples, correct forms of syntax)
3.A few more post-processing effects, and triggers that will activate them at specific moments.
4.More map-Sizes(How about 1 to 40? >:D)
5.More model file formats besides mD3, MD2, OBJ.
6.Easier Cutscenes
And, finally...
Over The Shoulder, and RTS mode should be added. (Technically, I COULD just script a few things around, but I'm too lazy too.)
That's all for now.
1: Like unreal Matinee? That would be nice, but it is already a feature... /writeobj [name] Only this doesn't allow texture exporting or animations.
2: These were going to be available in a August release of my EasyScriptBuilder program after I re-wrote a few things.
3: Simple, create a level trigger of 12 and any ID, place level_trigger_[n] = [ *process fx* ] in your map.cfg
4: That wouldn't be a good idea, take a look at Reactor 17's map pack... That's an example of a small map containing a lot of buildings. No need to extend past 12.
5: I believe the Valve format would be nice, or something similar.
6: Seems easy enough, we only really need a cutscene editor.
7: Over the Shoulder and RTS modes? RTS yeah, but OtS?
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@Leo: last I checked, we do use Valve's SMD format. Or that's one of the ones Valve uses, I think.
Save the wiki!