Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I cant save!!

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
slickrick154
Name: slick

I cant save!!

Post by slickrick154 »

Everytime that i start this awesome game, it say ''it's yout first time that you play this game'' and i need to write my name. When i will save it it says ''could not save..........'' Please i need someone to fix it please! :(
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: I cant save!!

Post by chocolatepie33 »

what version are you using? Also, windows, mac, linux?

Also, it sounds like you're either missing some files, or something's corrupted. Try redownloading/installing.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
northstar
Name: steven

Post by northstar »

i'm new and i am having the same problem... i have vista and nvidia... everything else 'appears' t be working... having lots of fun...
thevermin8tor
Name: Hannam

Post by thevermin8tor »

I had the same problem when downloading and used 2.71. Read as "can't save to ___________fps/packages/eerie.gz (my game scene file name) do you have to put it where it first says it will install it.i.e. c:/Downloads.I am using windows7 home premium, AMD E2 vision,dual core and Radeon graphics.Have downloaded 2.61 to see if this will overcome that.
thevermin8tor
Name: Hannam

Post by thevermin8tor »

Downloaded and installed Platinum Sandbox 2.61 into the first folder it recommended, c:/downloads, ran it and it saves in correct folder, ____fps/packages/my stuff!
Created RED clip barrier, to restrict access across entire width of game map, but when I save it then load the map again I am always on the other side of the RED Clip barrier! Instead of one particular game start point. Do I have to create some sort of DELAY to enable this?
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

this takes annoying to a whole new level...

I remember that somebody else had a post about this exact same problem. I answered it, and I believe they fixed the issue. I'd like to provide a link to that post, but apparently it's not here anymore. Very annoying.

Now, anyways, what I think might be happening is that you have a corrupted file somewhere.
slickrick154 wrote:Everytime that i start this awesome game, it say ''it's yout first time that you play this game'' and i need to write my name. When i will save it it says ''could not save..........'' Please i need someone to fix it please! :(
the "it's the first time" thing happened in one of our older versions (might've been 2.6), as it occasionally screwed up a file called config_fps.cfg. This was remedied in the newer versions. Or so it was believed.

your best bet would be to remove any version of Sandbox you have now and to install 2.7.1 (the newest version). Last I checked, it shouldn't really matter where you install it as well. However, I don't think .../Downloads would be a good place. If everything you download goes there, that may be an annoyance later.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!