Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Old sandbox music?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
atsuki
Name: Daniel Noble
IRC Username: atsuki

Old sandbox music?

Post by atsuki »

Hello! ive been using sanbox ever since version 1.x and also used cube 2 back in the day. I really appreciate what you guys have done with the cube 2 engine and am happy for continued updates :)

I,ve recently updated to 2.7.1and was happy to see that there are new music tracks to listen to when im building houses!

I have one issue though, the old default music tracks are gone. I kinda thought the new music would be added onto the existing ones in the new versions.

Is there any way i can add the old music tracks to the game myself? And if so where would i download them from?

I would suggest you add the old music tracks to the game on the next update.

Happy with fresh tunes but not happy the old stuff was replaced ;/

Thanks in advance for your help,
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: Old sandbox music?

Post by kddekadenz »

atsuki wrote: [...]I would suggest you add the old music tracks to the game on the next update.

Happy with fresh tunes but not happy the old stuff was replaced ;/[...]
I suggest not to do this, to not unnecessarily increase the size of the file. Music tracks are often very big.
You can add the 'old' music as custom music, so there should be no problem.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
atsuki
Name: Daniel Noble
IRC Username: atsuki

Post by atsuki »

Where can i get the old music files from?
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

a previous release would be your best bet.
We've been trying to remove everything with a non-free license and we have been meaning to release the removed stuff as part of a non-free content pack...
we never quite got around to it...
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
AbstractLord
Name: Dave
IRC Username: Above

Post by AbstractLord »

Since I agree with you, I believe that you can go to Newgrounds.com for all the music. At least most of it. I found Rusted Toys for one there.
ICD-DIMENSION-1
Name: Omar

Post by ICD-DIMENSION-1 »

Sandbox took out the music for commercial use, so you can sell the game without non-commercial things, like the old sandbox music. They took out the old music so you have no non-commercial things, and sandbox music is not allowed to go in the game if you sell it I think. :geek:
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

to clarify: the music we had before was NOT available for commercial use. That's why we don't use it anymore. The new stuff is totally OK to use, because it was provided our fellow member Cork279.

If someone makes a game, but can't do what they want with it (e.g. sell it), then what's the point? Also, Sandbox is geared towards kids, so it's best that we don't involve them in complicated legal stuff.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!