Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Tried out the SVN

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Tried out the SVN

Post by kddekadenz »

I tried out the new SVN today :)

My feedback:

- the new GUI looks very good :)
- I don't like the new camera movement, when in edit mode -> can this be optional?
- there should be other example maps
- inventory in RPG mod is not working correctly
- I do like the new wizard tower in the villages map
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Tried out the SVN

Post by Hirato »

I don't like the new camera movement, when in edit mode -> can this be optional?
Once I've gotten around to the editing portion of the UI I'll consider this.
UI does allow us to have open menus during edit mode and still be able to edit the world, so I want to take advantage of that by having assorted on-screen panels
there should be other example maps
Are you volunteering?
I'm a bit busy with other things, but right now my focus is getting the RPG to a state I'm happy with so there won't be any further incompatibilities.
And apart from me, there's no one else really doing anything right now, so...
inventory in RPG mod is not working correctly
But it does work correctly, recompile your binary; this is a common error most SVN users make, they use the outdated builds.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hirato wrote:
I don't like the new camera movement, when in edit mode -> can this be optional?
Once I've gotten around to the editing portion of the UI I'll consider this.
UI does allow us to have open menus during edit mode and still be able to edit the world, so I want to take advantage of that by having assorted on-screen panels
Does this mean we could have an on-screen HUD that has editing commands for us? On the 2.8 wishlist, someone asked for that, and it actually seemed like a good idea... Like how Blender has the main 3D section with the editing stuff all around it, in buttons and sliders and such...
Hirato wrote:
Are you volunteering?
I'm a bit busy with other things, but right now my focus is getting the RPG to a state I'm happy with so there won't be any further incompatibilities.
I actually have a couple of maps you might like, one is of an old, decrepit research building (it uses primarily the PhilipK textures, BTW), I originally made it for a school story, but I've no use for it now. I also have one that's like a tour of Sandbox's basic FPS entities, along with my "arches" map, which shows off a dramatic arched building entrance made with "curved glass" (not really), similar to the Pokeathlon dome in Pokemon HGSS. Even with those, maybe I could make more. I'd be happy to.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

Hirato wrote:
Are you volunteering?
Already done: FPS mode example maps
I could create basic RPG example maps too, if desired.
Hirato wrote:
But it does work correctly, recompile your binary; this is a common error most SVN users make, they use the outdated builds.
What are the exact depedencies? I got the 'sandbox cannot find 'SDL/*.h' files' error.
I have libsdl1.2debian; libsdl-mixer1.2; libsdl-image1.2 and tofrodos installed..
note: I use Linux Mint 12
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

Hirato wrote:
What are the exact depedencies? I got the 'sandbox cannot find 'SDL/*.h' files' error.
I have libsdl1.2debian; libsdl-mixer1.2; libsdl-image1.2 and tofrodos installed..
note: I use Linux Mint 12[/quote]

those, but the variants with -dev suffix.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

New Error:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/ld: enet/.libs/libenet.a(protocol.o): bad reloc symbol index (0x170000 >= 0x36) for offset 0x100000a in section `.debug_info'
enet/.libs/libenet.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status/usr/bin/ld: enet/.libs/libenet.a(protocol.o): bad reloc symbol index (0x170000 >= 0x36) for offset 0x100000a in section `.debug_info'
enet/.libs/libenet.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [client-fps] Error 1

make: *** [client-fps] Error 1