Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

noob text particle question.

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Littlejoe-42
Name: Joey

noob text particle question.

Post by Littlejoe-42 »

I know how to add a text particle to my map. When I enter the text for the trigger, I want two lines of text, one on top of the other. I know this can be done, I've seen it in the youtube C3Cyberclub tutorial. When I try to input the text, I try everything short of hitting "enter" to get to that second line, and when I do hit "enter", Sandbox assumes I'm finished entering the text.

My game design REQUIRES some heavy text from my NPCs, and sometimes there's too much to put on one line. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm making my map in FPS mode, and plan on learning cubescript. Will I be able to make a conversation script, much like I've seen in other tutorials?

I'm very far away from being to mod my copy of Sandbox, but in a perfect world I would like to add multiple sound file triggers for sound particles, so that a NPC would give a little speech when you're within a related sound particle's radius.
Littlejoe-42

Re: noob text particle question.

Post by Littlejoe-42 »

NEVERMIND

Had a look at the tutorial and the software. I realized that in the tutorial it LOOKS like there are two lines in the text tag, but in reality it displays as one long one.

So, as a part of someone's wishlist, please add multiple lines of text for text particles. (I want to create over-talkative NPCs)
Littlejoe-42

Post by Littlejoe-42 »

- "I'm very far away from being able to mod my copy of Sandbox, but in a perfect world I would like to add multiple sound triggers for sound entities, so that a NPC would give a little speech when you're within a related sound entities' radius."

Being a research junkie, I figured out how to do this in the last twenty four hours. I plan on making a simple, step by (fully explained) step, by-a-noob-for-a-noob tutorial on how I did this. (The sound files loop, but if your custom sound has a silence at the end of it, you don't hear the sound again for a few seconds)
Littlejoe-42

Post by Littlejoe-42 »

Tutorial made - check out "creating custom sound triggers for sound entities"