Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.8 Wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
AbstractLord
Name: Dave
IRC Username: Above

Re: 2.8 Wishlist

Post by AbstractLord »

Leo_V117 wrote:
AbstractLord wrote:Let me see...
1.In-Game Modelling Studio/Animating(I BELIEVE this is possible...)
2.A index of Cubescript/RPG script(The definitions, examples, correct forms of syntax)
3.A few more post-processing effects, and triggers that will activate them at specific moments.
4.More map-Sizes(How about 1 to 40? >:D)
5.More model file formats besides mD3, MD2, OBJ.
6.Easier Cutscenes
And, finally...
Over The Shoulder, and RTS mode should be added. (Technically, I COULD just script a few things around, but I'm too lazy too.)
That's all for now.
1: Like unreal Matinee? That would be nice, but it is already a feature... /writeobj [name] Only this doesn't allow texture exporting or animations.
2: These were going to be available in a August release of my EasyScriptBuilder program after I re-wrote a few things.
3: Simple, create a level trigger of 12 and any ID, place level_trigger_[n] = [ *process fx* ] in your map.cfg
4: That wouldn't be a good idea, take a look at Reactor 17's map pack... That's an example of a small map containing a lot of buildings. No need to extend past 12.
5: I believe the Valve format would be nice, or something similar.
6: Seems easy enough, we only really need a cutscene editor.
7: Over the Shoulder and RTS modes? RTS yeah, but OtS?
1.Exactly. I want texture exportation, and animations.
2.That's a while though...
3.Thanks! :D
4.Danggit.
5.I wanted VBX, or at least DAZ...
6.How do I even do it?
7.Sorry, I love Gears of War.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

1.you can't export sandbox geometry with animations, as you can't animate Sandbox geometry... along with the fact that the Wavefront .obj format does not support animation.
2. Leo's been very busy. If you haven't noticed.
4. Big maps are possible, but generally inefficient. They slow down the game and it takes forever to travel in them.
5. Again, the StudioModel Format (.smd) is used by Valve, I believe...
6. This isn't much help, but if you want a cutscene example, look in PlatinumArtsSandbox2.7.1\data\rpg\games\mystara\cutscenes
7. RTS: Real-time strategy. Last I checked, Sandbox pretty much already works like this. There's no turn-based system, so I'm assuming Sandbox could be like RTS.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
AbstractLord
Name: Dave
IRC Username: Above

Post by AbstractLord »

1.Exactly why I believe it needs this.
2.I admit, now that I take a look...
4.Touch'e.
5.And so is a lot of others.
6. That's complicated...
7.<SOLVED DUE TO MY DEFEAT.>
doctorface
Name: shanan

Post by doctorface »

i want newb friendly gun implementation options and pickup gun/ ammo options, drop options from dead AI or other multiplayer

being able to set projectile damage and range to different gun objects, projectile direction, objects that will be destroyed with projectiles (barrel ent), objects that blow away with damage (box ent). explosives that you can throw, set throw distance and explosive damage and range

i basically just want a whole game made haha, but seriously any extra gun options to help progress a game from scratch for newbs without scripting knowledge

im guessing the answer will be "when its done" but with complete respect to the people creating this software and how difficult it must be, is there any eta when the next update will be released? and any idea when "water wars" that i hear about will be done.

thanks
Lemon
Name: Mary

Post by Lemon »

What if there was a Fighting mode in PAS? :idea:
There aren't many opensource 3D fighting engines in the world, so this feature might be very highly demanded.
And making 3D fighting games with PAS... just think what a great experience it would be.
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

Is there any info about the release date for sandbox 2.8. maybe an estimate month?
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

@doctorface we're already working on Watergun Wars which features guns and you could quite easily convert them to a more adult game if you so wish. Watergun Wars is already on our development server and we've been doing test runs so join us sometime!

@Lemon Do you mean like street fighter? If so you could but it'd take quite a bit of work. I'd probably consider an engine that already does that such as open mortal.

@it9999 I'd say sometime in the next 2-4 months. We need to get some content for Watergun Wars and Hirato has to be ready with his RPG and then we'll release :) You can always get the SVN version too which is updated almost daily if not daily.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

It is possible to have a material that pushes objects in a certain direction and speed. eg to make a wind effect that pushes you slowly when not moving or to make a conveyor belt that moves you along when you are in the material zone placed above the belt so it appears you are moving along the belt when you stand on it. it could be used as fast transit zones when moving from one area to another on a large map
it saves you from placing many jumppad or pusher entities or altering the geometry by pushing one edge of the area of cubes (something like this: |\|\|\|\)
another idea is to make a material that the edges serves as a barrier for entities. the entity is only effective inside the entity barrier material. something complicated. better leave it for the 2.9 release or 3.0
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
MOVIEMAKE
Name: John

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

I'd like to see a save as an executable in the esc menu.. it saves it in the PAS folder then you can take it out and email it to friends or sell it.
MOVIEMAKE
Name: John

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

i'd also i like to see character paths. a line that you can stretch and bend all over the place. you can attach a npc to it and it will follow the path all over the place. if you bump into the npc they make a response or you can code in a custom response.

:ugeek: