Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Issue with mapmodels

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
it9999
Name: Iain

Issue with mapmodels

Post by it9999 »

I tried to add a cube mapmodel with a noise skin (image with random black and white pixels)
I used blender 2.63, tabbed into edit, unwrapped the default cube, used the noise image (png), converted it to triangular, exported it as an OBJ "tris.obj"
I created a script which had:
objload tris.md3
objskin skin.png
mdlscale 200
i saved everything in a folder called noisecube and this is the location "packages/models/it9999/noisecube"
i fired up sandbox and loaded the model and the model rendered as a very tiny cube with the noise skin on it.
i increased the mdlscale to 2000 on the cfg file, restarted sandbox and the cube was the same size. very tiny

I am learning how to add mapmodels
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
uploadmetal
Name: jerome berben

Re: Issue with mapmodels

Post by uploadmetal »

What I do is just copy .CFG files from other OBJ models and paste it on my folder with my models. It works most of the time but I sometimes get some minor problems.
GL :D
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

I tried it about 10 times with different models and followed the tutorials in the wiki very carefully and they are still rendering as tiny objects. i used blender 2.63 to make the models and export them as obj and added them to sandbox 2.7.1 there could be a bug. I need to get this issue resolved as soon as possible so my project can be released with little delay. can you forward this to the admins or the developers. if you want me to go into detail with the issue i will tell you the steps and if you want to find out about the project just pm me and i will explain it to you without letting too many people know too soon
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
uploadmetal
Name: jerome berben

Post by uploadmetal »

I had the same issue with blender but I never found the solution for it so I unistalled it and used other 3D modeling software.
From what I remember it had something to do with python but I am not sure. Sorry that I can't help you but I'm sure someone else here can help you.

- GL Uploadmetal
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Try a even higher mdlscale, e.g. mdlscale 20000
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
northstar
Name: steven

Post by northstar »

i used 2.63 to make a boulder and just put

mdlscale 10000
mdlambient 1000

and it worked fine... colors were a bit skewed so i had to fine tune that in paint plus... but otherwise it worked fine