Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Sandbox 2.9 wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Lou
Name: Lou

Re: Sandbox 2.9 wishlist

Post by Lou »

Hi,
As I play more with 2.8 I see things that I would like to have.

1.) I would like to see a Target Section added to the HUD so that you can see the stats of the NPCs and Critters when you click on them.

2.) I would like a Party HUD list so that when I add NPC's to my party their picture and stats show up in a HUD window.

3.) I noticed that there is no Player picture space on the HUD so I would like one of those as well

Regards,
Lou
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

well, seeing as this has kind of become the official wishlist thread, all I want is the integration of the "Sauerbraten editing utilities" created by Q009, link is http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3584.

From what I've seen, floatspeed can now go to 10K (10,000 as opposed to 1K/1,000), script-based editing, including auto-building a house with stairs and windows, and the simple terrain generator, all of which sound very, very useful.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

I dunno if it's in 2.8 (I'd assume it is) but float speed is 10k (or did you say that? It's late here...). Terrain generator looks decent, I'd just prefer more variety to it, although I suppose that comes in the commands you input. The auto-build house I've really thought would be nice (Kid_Matthew showed me that a while ago). It'd be great for building stock houses/assets quickly so that you can use them over and over.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

CP, our float speed does go past 1k/1000.....
Also I like the editing utilities. Currently Q009 is porting it to Tesseract. So when he does that, Ill ask Hirato if he would like it in sandbox.
If he doesn't I'll post a add-on which you could download off the forum and patch your your files.
Esequiel14 we have masterserver, Just we have maybe 5 servers up at a time.

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Better AI:
  • - actions like follow, run away, wander, go to a certain point at a certain time, etc.
    - smarter way finding
    - if they have something to heal and they are damaged, they heal themself
Optimization of the RPG mode:
  • - compare FPS with RPG mode to see
Consumables:
  • - I don't want to create for every food item a ammo entry
Sounds for FPS mode:
  • - have some drip and splash sounds I can share
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

kid matthew wrote:CP, our float speed does go past 1k/1000
Just tested it now, you're right, but I don't remember seeing that in the changelog.
kid matthew wrote:Also I like the editing utilities. Currently Q009 is porting it to Tesseract. So when he does that, Ill ask Hirato if he would like it in sandbox.
If he doesn't I'll post a add-on which you could download off the forum and patch your your files.
The patching sounds preferable, as I don't plan on getting 2.9, my computer can't support Tesseract.
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

chocolatepie33 wrote:The patching sounds preferable, as I don't plan on getting 2.9, my computer can't support Tesseract.
Then get a better pc ;)

But I think tesseract should be an option you can toggle in the launcher
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

2.9 should have more music. 30 to 50 songs. the content (textures, models, sounds) should be sorted into 2 folders free for commercial use and the other folder for content with the creative commons NC licence and have the option to disable non commercial content at start up
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

possible model replacements: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3142

license is a double license (cc-by or gnu gpl 2), both of which are acceptable for commercial use and use in Sandbox. Categories include egyptian, furniture, gothic, humanic, industrial, light, urban, vegetation, vehicle and miscellaneous. While Sandbox probably doesn't need all of them, there are many models which can be used as replacement ones for current models that have... unfortunate licenses.
Save the wiki!
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

the command lines are case sensitive. i find it annoying when i try to use a command such as movespeed it doesnt work if i have caps on after pressing it by mistake. this issue should be fixed in 2.9 so the command line is not case sensitive or automaticly converted to lower case.
i could do /alias MOVESPEED [movespeed] but the process is really time consuming to do it to every command.
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.