Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Signals "hit" for landing jumps in rpg mode 2.8

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
Sircameron
Name: Cameron

Signals "hit" for landing jumps in rpg mode 2.8

Post by Sircameron »

So ive been playing with globals and signals then noticed that everytime i land a jump it runs the player script for

Code: Select all

r_script_signal hit 
wouldnt it be better under "collide"? Is there a fall damage modifier that im not aware of? I was hoping to use "hit" for a script that counts how many times you've been hit by an npc, and not the ground.. As "collide" wouldn't be effective.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Signals "hit" for landing jumps in rpg mode 2.8

Post by Hirato »

The only way you'd get a hit signal from "landing a jump" is if you landed on/near a hostile and they proceeded to rain holy carnage on your hiney.
Fall damage does not exist, and the collide signal is purely for noting collisions with other RPG objects.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Sircameron
Name: Cameron

Re: Signals "hit" for landing jumps in rpg mode 2.8

Post by Sircameron »

Haha wow im sorry i figured out what it was.. I had a weapon script with "$T_SELF" as the target which i jump and use traversing the map constantly had i tested it further i would've seen that the problem wasnt with jumping alone.. Thanks and sorry for this post! If you could delete my ignorant post that'd be awesome :)