Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Sandbox 2.9 wishlist

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: Sandbox 2.9 wishlist

Post by kddekadenz »

stealthpanda1 wrote:I would really also love to have a toggleable movement system for rpg mode, so you can enable and disable values for walkspeed, run speed, sprint speed, etc. and put in your own values for them....That would be neat
I agree.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

You know, all I really want for the next version of sandbox is a more advanced physics system. Is that too much to ask for? :cry:
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
it9999
Name: Iain

Post by it9999 »

It would be nice to have a actorscale option which scales the size of the player. something similar that is in red eclipse. eg if you entered a car the playermodel will change to a car and increase in size, the chasecam set further back, movespeed increased so it is like driving a car.
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

towards modding support:
  • Load all cfg in the rpg folders, no matter if they are numbered or not
    An example how to create an entity would be: /newent critter Bernd
    It would be even backwards compatible.
  • Merge Sauerbraten Editing Utilties: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3584
    "Yes, this mod allows you to create a map via script. [...]
    You could possibbly use almost any editing function via script, perhaps even write random map generator."
    You could create a script which copy and pastes geometry and entities from another map, merge it with another map and calc light.
I also found a good idea for speeding up mapping: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1078
You can run a script to automatically assign a light to certain models. I will tweak it a bit - making it possible to run it multiple times (find&delete old lightsources) and change the mapmodels.

EDIT:
Consider binding this on C:

Code: Select all

entselect insel 
To have all entities in selection selected, too.
rydion_dev

Post by rydion_dev »

Here is my wishlist:

A - A dedicated "car" mode, similar to KRS with RPG aspects and (possibly) basic weaponry. (games such as Burnout Paradise and GTA are "car" games).
B - A forum devoted to "car" mode and SSP.
C - Customisable Door Sizes (1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2, 2x3 and so on) in a variety (Medieval, Castle, Industrial, Modern, *censored*) of styles.
D - Bring back the old FPS: you can shift WGW to "car" mode, because FPS scripting is a cornerstone of Sandbox.
E - Random encounters (RPG)
F - Party/Summoning (RPG)
G - KRS adapted into a "Mario Kart"-style mode. (possibly AI "Karts" and items too)
H - Easier to create text-based textures, such as signs.
I - Blank textures for jagged edges.
J - Fully implement consumables.
K - Readable books (possibly leading to a basic writing system in 3.0!)
L - Wiki Cleanup

Personally, here is my order of importance:

J
H
F
A
E
D
B
G
L
K
I
C
Freelance PAS user good at building RPG maps and designing interiors. Hates texturing though...
rydion_dev wrote:This doesn't cut any mustard at all, I'm afraid. It barely cuts tomato sauce!
it9999

Post by it9999 »

sandbox should have a system to collect data from any server. making it possible to make games and levels only playable to paying members or make it possible to include paid content or a virtual currency.
it could also be used to save games to servers

another feature is to show webpages in pas. it will look cool to see webpages implanted in 3d menus. making it possible to include advertisements in game (sandbox would be more popular if you could monetize your game while having it free. set up a webpage with an ad only and people click on it and the page navigates to the advertisers site.) the feature could show notices that can be changed anytime. it will be cool to surf your fave websites like facebook or the pa sandbox site.
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

it9999 wrote:sandbox should have a system to collect data from any server. making it possible to make games and levels only playable to paying members or make it possible to include paid content or a virtual currency.
it could also be used to save games to servers

another feature is to show webpages in pas. it will look cool to see webpages implanted in 3d menus. making it possible to include advertisements in game (sandbox would be more popular if you could monetize your game while having it free. set up a webpage with an ad only and people click on it and the page navigates to the advertisers site.) the feature could show notices that can be changed anytime. it will be cool to surf your fave websites like facebook or the pa sandbox site.
If you are really looking for this, you can merge the related part of Syntensity with PAS:

it9999

Post by it9999 »

when is 2.9 likely to come out
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

never; the next major release is tagged 3.0.0, but that's still a ways off.

It's shaping up well, but a lot of things still need to get fixed up and even redone.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Haha. Oh, Hirato. Your humour never ceases to amaze me.

On another note, one feature I'm still dying to see is better model collision. Syntensity had some pretty nice collisions, but Syntensity was a cross-breed of Java and C++.