Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Problem with model texture

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
Neofito
Name: Neofito

Problem with model texture

Post by Neofito »

Hi all, I've downloaded PAS a few days ago and I'm trying to learn How does it work, and just have found my first serious problem :?
I'm testing how to add my own models, therefore I've downloaded a free one from http://www.blendswap.com/, but when I load the model in my map it looks white with some red zones (I guess that something is wrong with texture).
That's what I've done:
I've create a new folder (models) with this route: PlatinumArtsSandbos2.8.1/my_stuff/packages/models
Into the models folder I've create a new folder with the name of the model "Veemon"
There are the .obj and .mtl files and I've renamed both to tris----> tris.mtl and tris.obj, also is the png file for the skin renamed to skin.png, a screenshot of the model named shot.png, and also the .cfg file named obj.cfg, the .cfg file code is:

Code: Select all

objload tris.obj

objskin lower ./skin.png

mdlscale 3000
First I did go with

objload tris.obj

objskin skin.png

mdlscale 3000
But neither worked, because when I use the comand: mmodel veemon into edit mode, the model is loaded and even I see the screenshot in the selection window, but how I've said, once I load the model in the map it's missing the textures.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Problem with model texture

Post by Hirato »

obj has some weird naming scheme for the meshes I've never been able to figure out.
just specify * as the name of the mesh to apply the skin to.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Neofito

Post by Neofito »

Thanks for your quick answer Hirato.
But the problem is that I don't get what do yo mean (where should I use the *????'). Could you post an example of the code?

Thanks
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

objskin * skin.png
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Neofito

Post by Neofito »

Thanks Hirato, it worked.
For some reason the eyes in the model I was using are missed even with the new code. I suppose that something is wrong with the blender file.
But I've gone with a different model and everything works fine with the * trick.
Thanks again, and now back to lear more about PAS and find new problems :roll: