Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Platform Rotation or Respawns

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
coopziana
Name: Ben

Platform Rotation or Respawns

Post by coopziana »

Hi all,

I'm currently designing a large city scene where I'd like to have cars and trains moving around. instead of critters I've designated them as Platforms as it's easier to set move routes for the, than it is for a critter... The only issue I have come up against is rotation. Naturally if I set a platform to YAW 90 (90 degrees) it moves forward quite nicely... then you hit the issue that if you want it to move in a different direction it stays facing at 90 degrees. All I need to do is make it change it's YAW when it gets to a certain Platform route entity.

The other alternative to this would be for the platform to travel to a set location (say from route 0 to 1) and then once it reaches route 1 it respawns at route 0 and just keeps going round and round.

I had thought about setting the move route going 0 to 1 (along the road) and then 1 to 2 taking it down underground and then 2 to 3 (underground) and 3 back to 0. The only problem with that is, you can see them moving backwards on the minimap and doesn't give it that professional quality you'd want.

I tried setting it up with a critter anyway and came up against the issue that i have to set the waypoints in order to make it move at all... which then interferes with all the other NPC... basically they run into the middle of the road and get splattered by the cars... which is amusing but annoying at the same time.

I was also wondering if there was a way that I could set it so that if you collide with a car you not only die but you are bashed (a form of Kickback) just for that extra bit of time watching the rag doll effect of your actor as he flies through the air and lands on things... or in water, or something equally as exciting.

I realise there are a lot of questions here. What would you guys suggest is the best way to go about this one?
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Platform Rotation or Respawns

Post by Leo_V117 »

I'll have a word with Hirato about the YAW issues on platforms. See if he can't make the model rotate with the yaw when a certain flag is called. The rest, I'll read later on and edit this post... My brain is pretty occupied with my current projects...