Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

linux azerty problem (W- and Z-keys)

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
bartovan
Name: Bart

linux azerty problem (W- and Z-keys)

Post by bartovan »

Hello,

I did all searches I could but cannot find the solution. I have sandbox installed via official packages in Linux Mint 13, using Xfce.
Everything fine, except that on my azerty-keyboard "forward" should be "Z" and not "W".
Now I tried changing keyboard layout using the xfce-xkb plugin and made it work for any and every application ... except Sandbox. Sandbox doesn't take the change into account, and there's no way to make it "see" the change.

Can anyone help me please? Is there a .cfg I can change, and where exactly can I find it? Or what else can I do?

Thank you very much for any help...
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: linux azerty problem (W- and Z-keys)

Post by Hirato »

SDL!!!

You might have to mess around with the binds in data/defaults.cfg, you can use /setdefaults ingame to reload these.
The 3.0.0 release, whenever that comes out, uses SDL2, so it should work better, all things considered.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
bartovan
Name: Bart

Post by bartovan »

Hello Hirato,

thanks for your reply. I found a very unofficial and unrecommended workaround changing the keymap.cfg file. I explained it here: http://bartssolutions.blogspot.be/2013/ ... ls-in.html.
It probably makes your hair stand up :), but it does seem to work (? - not extensively tested either).
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

You got that right, I mean, "gedit"? ;)

If it works it works, but that's something SDL is meant to take care of; the keymap file just binds keycodes which binds are made against to human readable names for the bind commands.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless