Is there a way to change maps without a loading screen?

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5ro4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is there a way to change maps without a loading screen?

Postby 5ro4 » April 5th, 2013, 9:58 am

When teleporting from one map to another, there's always a load screen in between, even if short. I need to get rid of that, making the change instantaneous, like when you teleport in the same map.

Is there a way to load a map before actually teleporting to it? Can someone give me some guidance here?

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Is there a way to change maps without a loading screen?

Postby Leo_V117 » April 5th, 2013, 4:56 pm

As far as I know, the loading screen is part of the map loading process, and unless you were to combine your maps, there is no way to skip this.

manzila
Name: Manzla
IRC Username: Manzila

Postby manzila » June 10th, 2013, 12:02 pm

I don't think there is anyway to skip this.

sabakanwal
Name: asdf qwe
IRC Username: asdfdf

Postby sabakanwal » December 16th, 2014, 2:22 am

So my question is: Is there any way that I can dedicate more memory to the client so that it can handle such "t-joint fixes", or is there a way that I can temporarily disable the "fixing t-joint" on map/game load so that I can at least get back into my game. I know there is also the option of simply rolling back my ogz from one of the BAK files (my_stuff > packages > base > rpg - for anyone who doesn't know where your map data is saved), however I feel that rolling back will only take me back to a point before the T-joints start causing an issue and I will eventually come up against the issue again.

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Postby Hirato » December 18th, 2014, 6:16 pm

the t-joint thing generates extra triangles from the geometry. you'll see it very clearly with outline mode on.
Basically wherever there's a t-joint, there can be sparklies, basically a pixel or two that lets you see through a wall.

Map backups don't affect this at all, and it shouldn't take too long.
but if you want to turn that off, the command is /filltjoints 0
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

Return to “RPG Maker Mode”