Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

The Sandbox Advancement Committee Section - Join Us!

This section is for people interested in advancing Sandbox to be the best it can be.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

The Sandbox Advancement Committee Section - Join Us!

Post by Mike »

This section is going to focus on organizing a core group of people to help advance Sandbox. This will include ideas on features, ideas for improving the webpage, creating community organizers and whatever else we can all think of to help Sandbox and the Sandbox community be the best it can be! Also I'm considering we could have weekly or biweekly meetings on IRC. If you are interested in joining the Sandbox Advancement Committee let me know!

We can use people on the committee to help in these areas (you can be in more than one too)

- Commercial Engine advancement (ideas and goals currently)
- Marketing Team - Help with suggestions on how to get Sandbox out to the public, find webpages we can post on, post to FB, etc.
- Community Organizer - Help setup contests, tournaments, ideas on how to improve the community, interact with the community, etc
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Captain_Ahab
Name: Richard

Re: The Sandbox Advancement Committee Section - Join Us!

Post by Captain_Ahab »

I'll do what little I am able with what little time I have.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Your insight alone is very highly valued Mr. Ahab!!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

I want to help! :) I can work on marketing and engine advancement.
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Awesome, thanks! I think I'm going to setup a private facebook group for those most interested in being a part of the committee. That way I won't have an overflow of posts and the general public can just post in this section :)
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

jSoft can you e-mail me your facebook info? I'll add you to the group :)
Clownfish
Name: Brian Busse
IRC Username: Clownfish

Post by Clownfish »

I'd love to help in any way I can. My family and I have enjoyed SBGB for many years. I'd love to see SBGM advance to a new level! I'm teaching my self programming now with udemy.com, books, and tutorials. I'm too new to help with programming right away, but I'd love to consider this down the road. In the immediate, perhaps I could help with marketing. I love working with kids too. In my local area of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, I'd love to teach some game design classes to kids and parents some day soon. (I will of course follow the protocol, rules, and advice of the SBGM owners). I think I could promote SBGM locally and globally. I'd also love to help contribute content. What sort of jobs/roles are needed to advance things to the next level? :)
InconspicuousBox
Name: Jared Hammons

Post by InconspicuousBox »

I'll help as much as I can as well.

PS. Not sure if I was added to facebook group yet, but felt like it would be best to post on here even though I already discussed being a part of it :P
spikeymikey0196
Name: Michael

Post by spikeymikey0196 »

I'd like to be able to help with engine advancement and advertising :3 I love how far the engine has come over the past 4 years i've been using it.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

You know, since I created the graphics for the HUD in RPG mode of Sandbox 2.7, I feel like joining in with the development again. The new features of Sandbox 3 are quite intriguing and they've caught a lot of my interest. Specifically the scripting engine. I'd love to see how you're planning on pulling this off. I'll be in the #sanbox IRC channel more often from now on, so I'll be able to keep up to date on a lot of your progress. As I said, I'd love to get back in the loop. I'm tempted to add Sandbox to the official tools for the FunDead Industries development group partnership that I'm part of.

Leo Out!