Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

sandbox 2.8.1 closes itself on windows 8 64 bit

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
it9999
Name: Iain

sandbox 2.8.1 closes itself on windows 8 64 bit

Post by it9999 »

i upgraded to a faster computer and upgraded to windows 8 64 bit and i ran sandbox 2.8.1 and it closed itself 1 second after the loading screen. has anyone else had this issue? is there a misconfigured setting or a bug
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
it9999
Name: Iain

Re: sandbox 2.8.1 closes itself on windows 8 64 bit

Post by it9999 »

i figured out how to fix it. it was a misconfigured setting. im still getting used to windows 8
I'm working on a project More info found here
Content needed. must be commercial friendly. You will be credited if you contribute
Click here if you want to fund the project. it will speed the development. I can hire people to help with development.
faceless

Post by faceless »

how'd you fix it?
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Post by tyche »

One possible problem would be that it was a 64 bit machine. I tried that, one time, and had to recompile SandBox to get it to run.
faceless

Post by faceless »

how do I do that ._.?
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

*How compile sandbox.
http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... ource_code

*If compiling doesn't work try going into my_stuff and deleting "Config_Fps.cfg", "Config_Rpg", and "Init.cfg"

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
Jillinger
Name: JG

Post by Jillinger »

I have Windows 8 64 bit, and I am having the same issue.
Is anyone sure that compiling would work? Might be a good thing if the developers could create a patch, since we always seem to have to keep up with software updates. For example, what would happen if most users have to upgrade to Windows 10 -> 12 -> 100 in order to keep up with other powerful tools. Then such great programs like Platinum Arts Sandbox might have to end for them, unless they got two computers - one for old software, and one for new - if they can afford at that time. I hope compiling is not hard - I'm about to try it. If anyone has tried it, and it failed, let me know quick.
Jillinger
Name: JG

Post by Jillinger »

OKayyyyy... This is not working out, and it's giving me a brain storm. I think I might have to consider stepping back to Windows 7.
DrChef
Name: Luis

Post by DrChef »

I'm having this same problem. I recompiled, but it's still occurring. It seems to be a problem with loading the shaders. I got Sandbox to run if I turned the shaders off in the _SandBoxLauncher menu. When I tried to load shaders in-game, the game crashed in the loading screen. I would love to hear a fix for this so I can see shaders in-game.
:D