Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

WindAstella Workshop Content Request Thread

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

WindAstella Workshop Content Request Thread

Post by Wind Astella »

Greeting my fellow Sandbox member,

Windastella Workshop

Do you ever wanted to have a custom model in your game but you don't know how to make them? What if you can request someone make it for you? So this is what my program is about. I took request and share it back to the community! Easy right! But sharing is caring so you can't alone have your requested model, it must be share if you want it for free.

So what I can make? I am interested in character modeling and animation but I also can make weapon, static mapmodel and more importantly I know how to export the model into Platinum Arts Sandbox.

This is how the program works, I received a request I'm interested from the community members either by PM, Email ( nik96mirza@gmail.com ) or just a comment to my post. I create the model for free but under one condition, the models made will be share with the community under CC-BY, CC-BY-SA or CC-BY-SA-NC license here unless I received a payment to not to do so. License and Payment are negotiable based on the quality and time I take to create the models.

So how do you make a request? For ease and my own interest I had setup a draft with thing you need to specify.

Request Draft

Title : Make it clear and obvious what you want in the title. If you want a character model state it is a character and it's name like "Character Lyra" or "Character Dark Knight". Other type that you can start with "Mapmodel" "Hand" "Weapon" etc. Just make it clear and obvious.

Artstyle : State what kind of style you want it to be. "Cartoon" "Cel Shaded" "Anime" "Realistic" etc. It is easier for me if I know earlier cause it effect what technique I will use to create the model.

Description : Tell me more about the model that you're requesting. What it is and how it should look like. If it already exist for download, why you want me to make again and what the difference. If it was a character, I also want to know his/her profile. Be as specific as possible. Make me interested to create this model and why should I make it in the first place.

Reference picture or concept art : Just stating it may interest me but you know what they all said "A picture tell a thousand tale". Show me what you really mean from the description above with picture. If you show a reference or concept art and want me to make it just like the picture, make sure you had permission from the author to do so. I don't want to be sued for using others artwork without permission. By the way, if the art was good enough that can just make model out of it, you can skip the above description.

Attribution : If you use concept arts or reference, link me where you get those and its author so that I can contact him for any information on his licensing.

Converting and Exporting Model

I also can convert model for use with Platinum Arts Sandbox under this very same program. Make a simple request with title Convert and a link to the original author. Before you do, make sure it is licensed under useable license. Fanart will always be licensed under CC-BY-SA-NC.

Note:
Now I'm gathering content to launch this in my blog. Maybe I'll release it after I had a few model, enough for download. So request fast XD.

Link to my Gallery http://windastellaworld.blogspot.com/p/gallery.html
Last edited by Wind Astella on August 1st, 2014, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seppgirty
Name: joe girty

Re: WindAstella Workshop Content Request Thread

Post by seppgirty »

I'm trying to get a model of a mummy in the md2 format into pas, but i'm having troubles. It is rigged, animated and saved in the md2 format. I'm just not sure how to do the .cfg file. I know people don't care much for the md2 format but it seem to be the simplest to work with as a beginner. could you take a look at it for me. Maybe give some tips? I'm attaching it to this post.

Thanks

joe
Attachments
mummy.zip
mummy.md2
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

There was only a small problem with your cfg. Firstly, you double extension with the filename instead of the correct one which is md2.cfg, it had md2.cfg.txt, just disable hide extension option in the folder setting for windows user. The model itself also had this problem. tris.md2.md2 instead of tris.md2.

In the md2.cfg, your config is almost right except the animation name. PAS doesn't has anim with name "Run" "Walk" or "die". Instead cube had "forward" "dead" strictly http://sauerbraten.org/docs/models.html the one in this list.

Good job seppgirty (y)
Attachments
mummy.zip
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

First off, Thanks for fixing this for me wind. I hope you find this model well enough to add to your community blog. I have no license for this model. People can do what they want with it. I'm trying to figure out how to change the file extension that you spoke of. I'm using windows 7 home premium 64.

Just for the heck of it, I have a bunch of free models on my website http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com They are on joe's page. If you get bored and want to make them PAS ready, go for it. I put all of my models out there for people to use for free and to share.
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

Thanks seppgrity, I'll see if it is suitable to put in my blog. Maybe if it is enough, someone will try making games with your models.
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

This is Sally. She has 6 different color maps. I am not sure how to name them. She is in the md2 format. I believe she is scaled to height. I tried doing the cfg again. I changed the animations from the .b3d model.

If you have any problems, suggestions, or want to tweek her. Please pm me.

EDIT.....................................

FILE IS TO BIG. I'LL POST THE TEXTURES SEPARATELY.
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

This is model with some textures.
Attachments
SallyMD2.zip
model
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

This is extra textures.
Attachments
SallyTextures.zip
Extra textures
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

So there was no request at the moment yet.
-bump-