Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Lamiae support here as well???

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Captain_Ahab
Name: Richard

Lamiae support here as well???

Post by Captain_Ahab »

Can questions concerning Lamiae be asked here as well, considering that it is so closely related to Sandbox and the future of Sandbox?
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Lamiae support here as well???

Post by Hirato »

I don't see why not, I really should get a forum or at least a website for it going...
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Captain_Ahab

Post by Captain_Ahab »

neat.

I guess it might have a lot to do with the relative lack of docs concerning the tesseract engine. I'm thinking texsmooth and triplanar shaders here, but I'm sure there are others.
I am having a problem in that lerpangle doesn't seem to affect anything when I try to make landscapes look less faceted. Nor does texsmooth, but maybe I'm using them wrong.

I do have a feature request though.
Is it possible to have multiple 'grass' setups similar to the 4 setups for water, lava and glass? This would make different grass heights, scales, etc. easy to use to make nicer vegetation.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

Captain_Ahab wrote:I guess it might have a lot to do with the relative lack of docs concerning the tesseract engine. I'm thinking texsmooth and triplanar shaders here, but I'm sure there are others.
I am having a problem in that lerpangle doesn't seem to affect anything when I try to make landscapes look less faceted. Nor does texsmooth, but maybe I'm using them wrong.
It's covered here https://github.com/Hirato/lamiae/wiki/Textures
You probably just forgot to issue /calclight to regenerate surface normals; it's unfortunately not automatic.
Captain_Ahab wrote:I do have a feature request though.
Is it possible to have multiple 'grass' setups similar to the 4 setups for water, lava and glass? This would make different grass heights, scales, etc. easy to use to make nicer vegetation.
Been on my todo list for a while now, I'm not sure how much trouble I'd have integrating it with the current renderer though...
I'd prefer to make it part of the autograss command, so I'll see what I can do.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Captain_Ahab

Post by Captain_Ahab »

Hirato wrote:It's covered here https://github.com/Hirato/lamiae/wiki/Textures
You probably just forgot to issue /calclight to regenerate surface normals; it's unfortunately not automatic.
I read that link. It is very helpful.
I didn't know about issuing calclight to recalc the normals though. That fixed my problem completely.
Thanks