Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

System Requirements?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Yogsips12
Name: Alpha

System Requirements?

Post by Yogsips12 »

I'm not sure my PC can handle this program. I booted it up and all I get is blackness and a bunch of half-words. I'm running Windows Vista and all my drivers totally up-to-date. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. So in essence I'm asking; What are the basic/minimum system requirements for this Game Maker? Thanks in advance.
Mr. Brightside
Name: Friedrich
IRC Username: Dr_Schnellinger

Re: System Requirements?

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Well... about graphics card (The most important, I believe) you need more than 64MB integrated graphics, about RAM I think 1GB will allow you to operate, and free space disk for saved data (Levels and such).

I'm running WinXP so I can't really say what's good and what's not under Vista, but surely I can say you need 128MB of graphics card in order to play with low graphics mode. The system requirements also depends on your game, If you have a level like "village" then you need around 1GB of graphics card to nun it with full graphics. But I'm not quite sure at all what's wrong on your system, I just posted hoping I can help.
Yogsips12
Name: Alpha

Post by Yogsips12 »

I have much better than that. I have over 40GB of free space and my RAM is 2 GB. All the graphics cards are fine. My problem is that I can't get to the buttons in the first place. Everything is just black with some half-text floating around. Seems like something is wrong with the program, not my PC.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

Are you SURE you have drivers for it installed?
And that they the newest ones as available from AMD or NVIDIA?

And tell us a bit more about your hardware.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Mr. Brightside
Name: Friedrich
IRC Username: Dr_Schnellinger

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Sorry to say this, but it IS your hardware, screen glitches like those you describe are caused by wrong/conflictive hardware-driver configuration.

I tried running PAS 2.8 on a mini-laptop that the government gives to the secondary students, with "Chakra 2012 Linux" and Wine 1.x and it ran fine, no errors.