Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

SuperHero Rpg: Are these things possible?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
WraithLink

SuperHero Rpg: Are these things possible?

Post by WraithLink »

Here's a few good questions:
1. Can you make surfaces climable?
2. Flight???
4. Can you add skill trees, eg. In the menu, character gets a point for a skill on level up etc?
5. Can you change the player menu?
6. Is it possible to use both hands, like launch 2 spells at once?
7. Where can I find a comprehensive tutorial that explains more about how the scripting works? I understood the tutroial wiki, but I want to know more about it so I don't have to ask these questions lol
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: SuperHero Rpg: Are these things possible?

Post by chocolatepie33 »

WraithLink wrote:Can you make surfaces climable?
within the cube 2 engine family, yes, this is a material found in Red Eclipse. It's a very common feature request for Sandbox, I agree that should be implemented soon.
WraithLink wrote:Flight???
Depends. Yes, it's possible in Sandbox, there's a spell in the rosestorm mini-game that allows for a sort-of flight that is kind of similar to a harmless rocket jump, if you're familiar with the action. Otherwise, again, Red Eclipse has a jetpack feature implemented that allows you to hold down the space bar button to rise up.
WraithLink wrote:Can you add skill trees, eg. In the menu, character gets a point for a skill on level up etc?
I believe that's implemented, not sure how, but it can happen. I'm not an RPG expert, but I'm quite sure you can do that. It's in one of the example modules.
WraithLink wrote:Can you change the player menu?
Depends on what you mean. If you mean rewriting the user-interface, yes, that's possible. Also, if you mean changing the colors and such, that is also possible. Custom menus are also possible.
WraithLink wrote:Is it possible to use both hands, like launch 2 spells at once?
Not an RPG expert, but I don't think so.
WraithLink wrote:Where can I find a comprehensive tutorial that explains more about how the scripting works? I understood the tutroial wiki, but I want to know more about it so I don't have to ask these questions lol
I'm assuming RPG mode, you could look in some of the RPG source files, you may be able to find information there. Also as mentioned look through the example modules/games and you should be able to learn from those.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

WraithLink wrote:1. Can you make surfaces climable?
Yes, there is a mapping trick to do this.

WraithLink wrote:2. Flight???
´
Yes, you can use the kickback option of spells (or weapons) to do this.

Where is 3. ?

WraithLink wrote:4. Can you add skill trees, eg. In the menu, character gets a point for a skill on level up etc?
You simply can create global variables for this.
WraithLink wrote:5. Can you change the player menu?
Yes, sure.
WraithLink wrote:6. Is it possible to use both hands, like launch 2 spells at once?
I'm not sure.
WraithLink wrote:7. Where can I find a comprehensive tutorial that explains more about how the scripting works? I understood the tutroial wiki, but I want to know more about it so I don't have to ask these questions lol
Nowhere. There is an undocumented list of most scripting commands in the wiki and most of them explain themself.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
fairyanna
Name: anna fairy

Post by fairyanna »

that worked however I was unable to exit by anything except the power button. I have 2 monitors and it spread across both of them AND because I have my monitors set where they are corner to corner it screwed up the button positions making it impossible to exit.

Edit:
I disconnected my other monitor and ran it again and modified the display/audio setting, launched a game itsays initializing then... crash.
We offer up to date cisco ccna exam practice questions with ccna lab paced test engine to help you pass ccie security exam and complete your www.bfit.edu you should also find University of Hawaii
eman
Name: DSADS
IRC Username: rtrt

Post by eman »

Well... about graphics card (The most important, I believe) you need more than 64MB integrated graphics, about RAM I think 1GB will allow you to operate, and free space disk for saved data (Levels and such).
eman
Name: DSADS
IRC Username: rtrt

Post by eman »

Well... about graphics card (The most important, I believe) you need more than 64MB integrated graphics, about RAM I think 1GB will allow you to operate, and free space disk for saved data (Levels and such).

_________

eman