Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Future adventure game

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
CollegeforKids
Restricted User
Name: Caitlin

Future adventure game

Post by CollegeforKids »

Just wanted to show my map for a future adventure game. I started making it to show the kids how to properly implement what we taught them, and how to make a storyline without having to do quests or attacking (we couldn't teach them either)

You wake up in one of the beds (they bounce! ^^) and your sister explains that tereasa needs some help. If you're nosy you'll discover the book talks about a legend regarding people who live in the mountain and control the creatures.

You'll find tereasa in the garden, where the explains she's being overrun with rats. You guide the rats right into a lava pit (gotta explain that one better sometime...haha) When you go back to check on the garden, there is a small shiny objecy with an inscription - you must journey into the mountain to help the mountain people (Crax) and restore order to the creatures.

There are caves with bears and other false-alarms, and then you discover the main path. Unfortunatly the path is guarded and you cannot pass. Luckily, there is a gathering of "Crax fans" who say that "That guard is so spacey you could walk up right behind her" You get the idea and find old stairs covered in thorns behind her. You climb up and whaaalaaa you are up on the mountain!

This is as far as I've gotten, but more is already planned ;)

The house you wake up in:

The attic:

Outside of the house:

A pond:

The mountain as viewed from the house roof:

The garden:

Tereasa asking for help:

The mountain guard:

The fans:
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Re: Future adventure game

Post by GoBologna120 »

Wow. That map looks incredible.
Yay. ^_^
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

This looks awesome!! (except the geometry errors in the last screen :D). When do we get to play this? I want to run around in it :D Also if there were any particular cool/neat/warm moments with the kids, I would love to hear about it in the warm fuzzy section. That area needs some love! I should post some myself. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Post by Dannyboi »

HEY!!! This shows true talent! Its awesome!! But you should make a download link for it. This is a nice map it gave some good ideas for my new map.

Thanks
-Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
CollegeforKids
Restricted User
Name: Caitlin

Post by CollegeforKids »

Wow, thanks, everyone! Yeah the geometry errors on the mountain really make me mad. I can't decide if I should start over in some areas or try to repair...I takes SO LONG to repair the errors, yet redoing part of the mountain might mess other things up - so I dunno.

Yeah I'd love to make a download link when it's a little closer to being finished...I think I might submit it as custom content if you guys like it so much.

I appreciate the support, now I want to finish haha
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

CollegeforKids wrote:Wow, thanks, everyone! Yeah the geometry errors on the mountain really make me mad. I can't decide if I should start over in some areas or try to repair...I takes SO LONG to repair the errors, yet redoing part of the mountain might mess other things up - so I dunno.

Yeah I'd love to make a download link when it's a little closer to being finished...I think I might submit it as custom content if you guys like it so much.

I appreciate the support, now I want to finish haha
Depending on the size, you might just be able to stick it in an archive file and then upload it onto the forums. :)
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
Kevin
Name: Kevin

Post by Kevin »

This is amazing, great work!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

To fix geometry errors I either use heightmap mode with a big grid size and modify it or use the third mouse button to fix the angles. I believe shift 7 will show you what gridsize it was when first made so you can use that gridsize to fix it. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
MrApophis
Name: Bob

Post by MrApophis »

Nice job! I'd give this an 875/1000 . Keep up the great work.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Any updates on this? I can't wait to see more!! Take care.
-mike